Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning About 250/220 Keyfob!

:excl: take care when you've got the keyfob in your pocket.doorbell rang at 7am this morning, :duh: next door neighbour standing there pointing at my pride and joy :blink: It rained last night! :tsktsk:

All the windows and sunroof open. :crying: must have been open all night!

inside of car soaked.thought that this must be fault but alas when i pressed and held the open button everything opened!! :blush: left fob in pocket while watching tv.must have pressed the button at some point last night.DOH!

it may not be your fault, this has happened twice to me he first time i didnt realise if you press and hold the button they open, i took the cear to the dealers who told me about that feature, however i was told that there are a large number of people who this has happened to and it may be linked to radio waves.

the second time it happened the car was parked in the garage and there is no way i had pressed the button.

I had a courtesy car a couple of weeks ago which belonged to one of the salesmen, in the gloove box was a letter from lexus GB asking them to keep a log if this happened to them of when and where it happened?

The radio waves have to be very very flukey to have the same code as your fob, but I suppose it could happen.

I have my key fob in a small zipped leather key pouch bought from the local markt and not only does it protect the fob, but because you don't really need to push the buttons you don't need access to the buttons.

Overall, I have to say I've not had the issue, but I do feel it for you.

:o Doh :o

Double dolpe :duh:

Has it ruined/broken anything (e.g. electrics?)

Costing much to sort out?

D.

Not as far as I can see, waiting for the seats to dry out ,got to test the heated seats tomorrow as everything else seems ok(hopefully)

Yes, I had this happen on my GS. According to the handbook, this feature seems to be fitted as standard; hold the unlock button down for a few seconds, then all the windows open. Luckily, there was only a very slight shower.

So for the moment, I've strapped the leather fob across the buttons on the keyless fob to stop it happening again. When the car goes in for service, I'll get them to disable it.

IanB :D

Yes, I had this happen on my GS. According to the handbook, this feature seems to be fitted as standard; hold the unlock button down for a few seconds, then all the windows open. Luckily, there was only a very slight shower.

So for the moment, I've strapped the leather fob across the buttons on the keyless fob to stop it happening again. When the car goes in for service, I'll get them to disable it.

IanB :D

Can it be disabled? There ain't a lot the dealers can do as far as personalisation is concerned on a Lexus in the UK.

I think most exec cars have this (and some not so exec cars too).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links