Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adaptive Cruise Controller

rush

Hi, has anyone got the optional adaptive cruise control here? is it worth the money?

I tried it out on an Audi Q7 that I had for a couple of days and it was superb - completely changed my view of cruise control. I turned onto a busy dual carriageway in the rush hour, set the cruise control for 70mph and I didn't have to touch any pedals for over 25 miles. The car braked and sped up, always maintaining a fixed distance from the car in front. It wasn't confused by cars cutting in the gap or by bends. At the end of the road was a roundabout and it safely braked down to 20 mph whereupon I took my feet off the dash, folded up my newspaper, stubbed out my pipe and took over.

Hi, has anyone got the optional adaptive cruise control here? is it worth the money?

I tried it out on an Audi Q7 that I had for a couple of days and it was superb - completely changed my view of cruise control. I turned onto a busy dual carriageway in the rush hour, set the cruise control for 70mph and I didn't have to touch any pedals for over 25 miles. The car braked and sped up, always maintaining a fixed distance from the car in front. It wasn't confused by cars cutting in the gap or by bends. At the end of the road was a roundabout and it safely braked down to 20 mph whereupon I took my feet off the dash, folded up my newspaper, stubbed out my pipe and took over.

:lol:

Never tried it, but I would love to...

If it's that good, it's worth it in this country where no one keeps to a set speed, and people are always jumping lane to lane. Cruise on it's own is a waste of time for most of most journeys

Hi

I have the IS 250 SE-L with everything except the sunroof, your a long time dead ;o)

The adaptive cruise control works absolutly great. True it has picked the occasional wagon up in the adjacent lane on tight bends but very rarely and you only have to touch the throttle to overcome the brakes. It laso ties in with the pre-crash system which is pretty scary when it operates. Going down a narrow country lane in the rain it picked up a transit van coming towards me as I was braking. The seat tensioners operated immediately and dragged me back into the seat so that should I have failed to stop I would not have been thrown forward. :crybaby::sick: I think maybe I may have skidded slightly as I braked although I was not moving too quickly, this may have set off the PCS. But the Cruise control really is a great addition, well worth having. :D :D

• 1 year later...