Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Vs Altezza?

TheMasterG

this subject has been discussed many times a search would reveal the differnces other than the engine, but the main differences other than the engine is, that the is hase far more sound deadening, different interior materials, thicker carpets, additional body and structural stiffening, plus more functions as std

Thanks for the quick replies dudes, sounds like the IS would be better to go for so, though comparing those links above, the skirts, lips etc. on the AS are far nicer, wondering if maybe they weren't standard so?

Yeh, I probably should have spent some more time searching, couldn't have said hello then :)

Thanks for the quick replies dudes, sounds like the IS would be better to go for so, though comparing those links above, the skirts, lips etc. on the AS are far nicer, wondering if maybe they weren't standard so?

Yeh, I probably should have spent some more time searching, couldn't have said hello then :)

You might find the IS a bit on the slow side, But if its not a performance saloon your after then stick with the IS, more luxuries compared to the RS, You caould always supercharge an IS to bring you up in the performance department. Happy hunting!

Well according to the links posted, IS vs AS is about 7bhp and a small diff in torque. The RS is a different story obviously ;)

Coming from a 96 Civic Coupe(non VTEC, ~110bhp, no torque) though so I don't think an IS will feel slow, at least for a while anyway.

Would be looking for something around '02 for under €20k, closer to €15k the better, can't have everything though.

Still not decided on Lexus though, dunno if it's too razzamatazz for me?

Coming from a 96 Civic Coupe(non VTEC, ~110bhp, no torque) though so I don't think an IS will feel slow, at least for a while anyway.

Still not decided on Lexus though, dunno if it's too razzamatazz for me?

No low end torque in the IS/Rs either. Where abouts you in Dublin, maybe we could meet up and i could take u for a spin in mine!! Drop me a Pm if ur interested!! :o

Whats razzamatazz???

No low end torque in the IS/Rs either. Where abouts you in Dublin, maybe we could meet up and i could take u for a spin in mine!! Drop me a Pm if ur interested!! :o

Whats razzamatazz???

Cheers man, sounds good to me. I'm off skiing in Italy for the week from this weekend, might give you a shout when I get back, will deliberate on my possible purchase in the meantime :)

Razzamatazz is a word I made up meaning "bit flash" ;)