Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have not seen any posts concerning this current problem - are LSs unaffected, or have we all been fortunate enough to avoid it?

I can't report, as my car is in at the moment for new fuel lines (they were VERY rusty), but on 22 Feb I did fill up with Tesco Super Unleaded as I was expecting to do an airport run (which didn't materialise). I have not driven the car much since then, so who knows what will happen?

Interestingly, whilst with previous cars I would have avoided Tesco fuel at all costs (due to some bad experiences), I do find that their Super Unleaded seems to suit my LS rather well.

Comments welcome!

Don't know anyone in the east midlands that has suffered, seems to be only south east that's had it.

Bad news if it is fuel grade, but if it's parficulate contamination, serves em right for buying cheap cars with crappy fuel filters! ;)

Have not seen any posts concerning this current problem - are LSs unaffected, or have we all been fortunate enough to avoid it?

I can't report, as my car is in at the moment for new fuel lines (they were VERY rusty), but on 22 Feb I did fill up with Tesco Super Unleaded as I was expecting to do an airport run (which didn't materialise). I have not driven the car much since then, so who knows what will happen?

Interestingly, whilst with previous cars I would have avoided Tesco fuel at all costs (due to some bad experiences), I do find that their Super Unleaded seems to suit my LS rather well.

Comments welcome!

Hi

I went onto site last night as I am convinced my car failed due to dodgy petrol. I won't be using

Tesco again.

Regards

Jeanette

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

just something I learnt the outher day, speaking with a tanker delivery driver, If your going to fill up on super market fuel, better be sainsburys or Waitrose as they get their fuel from Shell.

Tesco, asda & Morrisons have cheap imported east european Russian fuel,

I know were I wont be filling up in the future.

Ta Mark

Hi folks,

just something I learnt the outher day, speaking with a tanker delivery driver, If your going to fill up on super market fuel, better be sainsburys or Waitrose as they get their fuel from Shell.

I know were I wont be filling up in the future.

Ta Mark

that's not true, most fuel comes from the main depot's in the UK, and all the company source there refined fuels from the storage depot.

did you not see on the news when in the space of 30 secs, the following tankers entered the depot affected.....

2x shell

1 x Morrison

1x Tesco

1 x Bp

and leaving were

1x Tesco

1 x Bp

ive seen Texaco tankers filling up the local morrisons fuel station, ultimatly the fault lies with the depot not the supermarkets its the depot who contaminated the fuel allocated for the supermarkets, it could have quite easily been the fuel for the big names that was contaminated

Hi folks,

That sounds to me like total nonsense. The contaminated fuel was supplied by Harvest Energy and they are hardly "fly by night". Have a look here http://www.harvestenergy.co.uk/news.php

Hi folks,

That sounds to me like total nonsense. The contaminated fuel was supplied by Harvest Energy and they are hardly "fly by night". Have a look here http://www.harvestenergy.co.uk/news.php

Agree, it's total nonsense. Pity about Greenergy taking the flak as well, but they do share the same Thurrock Vopak storage facility with Harvest (and Vopak are Dutch, not eastern block). Also Sainsbury's don't get their fuel from Shell either.

Sainsbury's opened its first out of town supermarket in Croyden in 1974 and the first Sainsbury's petrol station opened selling the Sainsbury's brand with some of the large SavaCentres selling Jet petrol. It was around 1980 that Sainsburys started selling its own-brand fuel.

In 2004 Sainsbury's struck a deal with BP and they now supply all of Sainsbury's fuel. Sainsbury's will not confirm that as it's Company policy not to formally disclose the names of the supplier's of their 'own' brands.

Anyway BP have major shareholdings in Russian oil companies and fields, so Sainsbury's could be selling 'Russian' fuel. There's no evidence to suggest fuel from the eastern block will be any different from anywhere else...

Could be just coincidence but I find that Shell super unleaded gives me a better MPG than any other fuel don't know why and I don't generally keep tabs on consumption as my LS is only the nights out/weekend car but there is a difference.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links