Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Few Pictures Of My Ls400

Sweet. Drop it an inch or two..

If I lower the car though I will lose ride quality.

You are right, but do you think you already lost some? I realy felt the difference from 15's when I put on my 18's. Tighter response but more road noise and I think it has helped along the demise of the anti roll bar bushes.

Lowering looks great on these big cars but it will undoubtedly accelerate the wear of the upper and lower control arms because they will be working all the time at an angle and pre-load they were designed to go to momentarily then spring back to neutral from.

I had the same thing on my Ka (don't laugh it was long ago :whistling: ) with the lowering of the front making the bushing in the U/J on the front wishbones last only just over a year, standard ride height Ka's would last 3-4 years on one set.

anyone else seen accelerated wear from chaging ride height?

You are right, but do you think you already lost some? I realy felt the difference from 15's when I put on my 18's. Tighter response but more road noise and I think it has helped along the demise of the anti roll bar bushes.

Lowering looks great on these big cars but it will undoubtedly accelerate the wear of the upper and lower control arms because they will be working all the time at an angle and pre-load they were designed to go to momentarily then spring back to neutral from.

I had the same thing on my Ka (don't laugh it was long ago :whistling: ) with the lowering of the front making the bushing in the U/J on the front wishbones last only just over a year, standard ride height Ka's would last 3-4 years on one set.

anyone else seen accelerated wear from chaging ride height?

Thats interesting. I never thought about that. I am still keen to stiffen up my IS though as it's not amazing at handeling.

But you have already lost the pillow soft ride quality by going from OEM 205/65 15 to 225/40 18. That's quite an aggressive wheel setup for a car designed to cruise up and down motorways.

IMHO, gaps in wheelarches offset the nice set of wheels you have put on. The LS looks very smart with big rims, but even smarter when it's also dropped a bit too. Have a look on clublexus to see how amazing their mk1 LS cars look.

:D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links