Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Toyos

Tango

New Proxes 4 Unleashed!

Proxes. Grip To The Power Of 4!

Tyre giant TOYO unleash the latest in a long and distinguished line of performance rubber with the new Proxes 4. Aimed at the tuned car market where optimum performance, particularly in dry conditions is paramount, Proxes 4 is the new reference for sports handling.

The Proxes name is already familiar to performance drivers, denoting TOYO’s ultra-high performance range of tyres. The Proxes range achieved instant cult status following its launch in the mid-90’s with its combination of unbeatable performance and value. Since then, the range has undergone ceaseless improvement, evolving through a series of cutting edge designs into the T1-S, T-1R and absurdly sticky R888. The Proxes 4 incorporates every lesson learned along the way wrapped in the most attractive tread design to come from the Japanese manufacturer yet.

Thankfully, Proxes 4’s good looks aren’t just skin deep. With good wet performance as standard, dry performance has been enhanced to even higher levels without the customary sacrifice in tyre wear. Optimised shoulder and mediate block distribution, allied to a stable centre rib, give exceptional cornering performance and directional stability.

Gripping like a leach can mean excessive cabin noise, an overlooked trade-off when grip levels are raised. Countless hours of computer-enhanced design endow the Proxes 4 with a variable pitch pattern and optimised sipe distribution. Each perfectly placed moulding minimises noise intrusion and ensures a quiet and comfortable ride despite the focused nature of its performance.

Covering 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 series applications with V and W speed rates, 20 of the most popular sizes will be launched throughout 2007. Six of the most popular sizes are introduced in February with the rest following soon after.

Proxes 4 is the latest in a long line of high performance tyres aimed at drivers. With such an excellent pedigree behind it, Proxes 4 promises to be the tyre of choice for tuners everywhere.

Proxes%204%20Thumb_1.JPG

Which stores stock them?

Found them at etyres.com, at £106 a pop fitted they aren't cheap, when you consider Goodyear Eagle F1s are only £96 each from the same site, I thought Toyo is suppose to be a cheaper option to the more established brands!

Which stores stock them?

Found them at etyres.com, at £106 a pop fitted they aren't cheap, when you consider Goodyear Eagle F1s are only £96 each from the same site, I thought Toyo is suppose to be a cheaper option to the more established brands!

Toyo's aren't a cheaper option, and they're pretty well established in the Jap market. Guess you get what you pay for. The Toyo T1-R on my 250 are very good in the dry and superb in the wet, but they were developed due to the lack of wet performance of the T1-S.

The other benefit of the T1-R is the improvement regarding transmission of road noise as I've found them a lot better than Bridgestone Potenza's originally fitted to the car...and that's going from 17" to 19" rims as well so in theory the lower profile Toyo should have transmitted more noise, not less.

Toyo say the Proxes 4 are the latest development specifically for the tuned car market so I would expect an improvement over the T1-R for grip in both dry and wet with even less road noise.

My IS200 Sport will need tyres soon so I'll give them a go.

I never liked the Eagle F1s when fitted to a E46 330 (petrol or diesel) - found that they made the car more skittish and unsure. Pilot Sport IIs were pure magic and thats what my own cars always had. Surprised that with the IS being RWD that the Michelin don't figure much on them - is it down to the Lexus dynamics?

Toyos do have a good reputation and (like Kumho) are becoming established brand in their own right. If not for Costco, I'd end up buying else-tyres for my cars - but seeing as they only supply Michelins, thats what I always replace myc ar tyres with.