Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

She's Gone, Say Good Bye !

The time had come ........... and the owner had arrived, my long loved, after 2 years ........... IS300 has been sold to a very nice chap from 'oop North.

Sad day for me, but happy day for someone else, with many miles of happy motoring ahead of him !

He is a member here, though not active .... I will let him introduce himself !

I will still be here, just not with a Lexus at the moment ! :D

Cheers :)

Plans for now .... are just the bike !

I 'may' later on this year decide to get a smaller something ......... but no immediate rush, as I can just use the lady's car ! :)

B)

hi all on loc

im the lad from up north who bought scarfaces pride and joy,

so smooth, nice clean example,

many thanks to scarface for yesturday,

ive got a feeling im going to enjoy this car

louis

Welcome to LOC! If I could get insured and had the money that car would have been mine! lol.

Cant believe yoo had it 2 years mate!! Time seems to fly!

Got yourself a great car r34liner :P

thanks for your kind comments, insurance is £314 fully comp with sainsburys, its going to be used as my second car and ferry my boy around, as youve probably guessed from the name, i have a skyline, nowhere near as smooth as lexus but liner has loads more power, engines look nearly identical, how wierd, only one thing missing, a turbo, watch this space

Hey scarface now that i own the car does this come with it

2006 : Official Prolex-UK Fastest N/A Lexus ; 1/4 mile in 14.68 seconds

welcome,i think that was scarface's pride and joy and if you ever have the time to scroll through the numerous posts i think you will agree he treated that car very well,good luck with your new motor.btw sf is a police guy and although they are always trying to nick ya,they are a very decent bunch,which obviously gives great confidence when purchasing a used vehicle from one.again happy lexii motoring.

Of course it does, add it to your signature ....... ;)
welcome,i think that was scarface's pride and joy and if you ever have the time to scroll through the numerous posts i think you will agree he treated that car very well,good luck with your new motor.btw sf is a police guy and although they are always trying to nick ya,they are a very decent bunch,which obviously gives great confidence when purchasing a used vehicle from one.again happy lexii motoring.
Cheers Raj, I'm sure he is well pleased with it ! :D

thanks for your kind comments, insurance is £314 fully comp with sainsburys, its going to be used as my second car and ferry my boy around, as youve probably guessed from the name, i have a skyline, nowhere near as smooth as lexus but liner has loads more power, engines look nearly identical, how wierd, only one thing missing, a turbo, watch this space

Welcome to the club Louis

You should also add dirtiest IS300 on to that list also :)

Where abouts in the Boro are you?

well ive just got back from hawkstone park, the car was great on motorway, even managed around 38 mpg with cruise control, done nearly 600 mile in two days

im from a little place near middlesbrough called guisborough, where men wear wellys and sheep quiver,

i figured scarface was a bobby, thats one of reason i bought it, they dont drive rubbish,

well ive just got back from hawkstone park, the car was great on motorway, even managed around 38 mpg with cruise control, done nearly 600 mile in two days

im from a little place near middlesbrough called guisborough, where men wear wellys and sheep quiver,

i figured scarface was a bobby, thats one of reason i bought it, they dont drive rubbish,

Are you sure you returned 38mpg? :)

I am from just up the road (Marton) Might see you around next time I am up :)

Are you sure you returned 38mpg?

well the journey is 187 miles each way i put £50 quid in tank before i left, there was maybe a gallon left in at the very most as needle was nearly dead, i thought it would have a fuel warning light got there and back on it, the gauge is just below the first mark above red, i think its around 38mpg, i may be wrong, terrible at maths

do they have a warning light????

whats the normal fuel consumption??????

IS300_MPG.jpg

Best I have had has been 32MPG with the cruse set at 70MPH on the way back from Boro at Xmas. No one was on the roads, so it was plain sailing all the way :).

There is a warning light which comes on when you are nearly out of gas. It is on the dash near the fuel gauge.

From my observations (and brimming it at the fuel pump) this equates to about 3 gals left in the tank. (this could be about 50 miles - but dont test it :))

The least I have had left in a tank is .5 gal :D (about 14 miles left :o )

I am currently trying out Tesco SUL at present... not looking too bad at the moment.

my fuel light cant work in that case, i wont try to go lower than ive going as i dont think the needle will go much lower, i will have a look at it, i cant be getting as much as i thought, i didnt think it was bad on petrol.

if i add 2 gallons to my 10.2 gallon of optimax, it does bring it down a bit about 32mpg, i think

on the way down at 5.30am road was clear all the way, the way home the roads looked congested and it was raining but only took us 15 mins longer to get home