Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slammed On Its Arse On D2's

well i took a trip down to see my mate in sittingbourne who is the uk distributor for d2 coilovers.

and look what happened. :D

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

and a before picture!!!

DSC00136-1.jpg

only driven it a few miles so i cant really give a proper rating, but it is firm and feels very nice. need to get the alignment done when i decide exactly what height im going to keep it at.

so ive now got for sale a pair of rear (brand new in the box) shock absorbers. and some front shock absorbers that have probably covered 1000miles max, for sale.

give me a pm if your intrested.

well 2 pics are taken while its sitting half on a kerb, so its actually only as low as urs mr singh.

but yeah i probably will raise it slightly on the rear. totally forgot theres 2 speed humps on my way to work.

Believe me, mine was never that low on the rear. Front was lower half the tyre wall was tucked upfront. Rear the top of the tyre was just level for a nose down stance.

I'd raise the rear if i were you, alot!

yeah mine is level with the top of the rear tyre, give or take a couple of mm. its just looks that low in the pics because its sitting funny on the kerb.

also the camber is alot on the rear so gives the impression its lower from the angle i took the pics. will be changing the camber aswell cos ive got a feeling im going to burn some tyres!!!

hahaha,.

well ive been out for a a long drive tonight to southend, and it is totally not the ride i was expecting before i had them fitted. they arent as harsh as u would think. theres no body roll, and not really bumpy at all. compared to shocks and springs ive had fitted on other cars. there not set to there hardest setting but theres plenty left if i want to make it even firmer. the ride comfort isnt much different to standard. u odviously know ur in a lowered car but its actually quite a smooth ride.

would definitely reccomend these, but i dont know what others compare. but i think they are great.

Mate seriously don't do too much milage with it that low at the rear, you won't be able to recover the camber without additional adjusters - you could potentially have your tyres dead within 500 miles with it that low without any geometry having been done!

how do u mean i wont be able to recover the camber? surely with a new set of tyres i will be able to just adjust the standard camber adjusters? the camber is still set on the car from when it was up high. i can still adjust the camber on the standard camber adjusters!!

also my mate gave me a little freebee

DSC00423.jpg

they are for sale if people want these!!!

You've dropped the car way too low for the standard adjusters to be of any use - the specs will be way out even with the maximum adjustments made!

Basically you're going to see rapidly increased tyre wear with the setup you've got there...

You can visibly see in the pics how far out the rear wheels are!

Had the same on my IS when I had coilovers,I got through a brand new set of Toyo's in no time at one point, they were still showing 6mm all the way across then with an inch missing on the insides!

how do u mean i wont be able to recover the camber? surely with a new set of tyres i will be able to just adjust the standard camber adjusters? the camber is still set on the car from when it was up high. i can still adjust the camber on the standard camber adjusters!!

What Aido is saying is that there is not enough range on the standard adjusters to recover the camber to something sensible if you stay that low.

My Tezza is down about 50mm (that is a gap of about 10mm between the top of the tyre and the arch), with the adjusters maxed out I have just under 2 degrees neg camber. The height was reached by maxing out the adjusters and then lowering till we got that amount of neg camber, all done with the help of the Dr at WIM.