Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex Induction Kit

P38Aaron

Hi

I have had a Prolex induction kit for some time now, I have always wanted to put a heat shield on it, after looking around for one, eBay etc with little luck.

I got in contact with a supplier we use at work, thats a metal fabricator, drew a few things up and this friday i put the final touches to it and put the mounting tags on and now its fitted, Im very happy with it.

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

Next task will be to duct some extra air to it

Aaron

Could do with a semi circular piece on the end facing the engine, make it super efficiant!

You should get a bunch made up and sell them, id buy one :)

Could do with a semi circular piece on the end facing the engine, make it super efficiant!

You should get a bunch made up and sell them, id buy one :)

I thought that, who would be interested and i could make an enquiry on price etc.

• 2 weeks later...

This has now been on my car for a couple of weeks, I have noticed that i have had improved fuel economy, I fill up every week by the time i get to half a tank i am on 200miles, just above half a tank and i have done 220miles, I have been driving the same, same journeys and same petrol (BP Ultimate).

without times to back up but i recon its a bit quicker too, i will put that to the test at santa pod :)

Looks good mate, reminds me of the covers that GReddy do for their turbo kits on the Altezza!

Good fabrication skills fella :)

That's some bloody good milage too, I get half that bugger in mine :o

This has now been on my car for a couple of weeks, I have noticed that i have had improved fuel economy, I fill up every week by the time i get to half a tank i am on 200miles, just above half a tank and i have done 220miles, I have been driving the same, same journeys and same petrol (BP Ultimate).

without times to back up but i recon its a bit quicker too, i will put that to the test at santa pod :)

How jealous am I?! I get about 300 miles to my tank, 320 tops I reckon. :crybaby:

Looks a neat heat shield though, nice one :D