Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Baby Car Seats

Can anyone tell me what baby car seat they use in their IS200 :question: . Mine is a 2001 sport model that I don`t know if has an ISOFIX connection.

Rgds

Mishman

Can anyone tell me what baby car seat they use in their IS200 :question: . Mine is a 2001 sport model that I don`t know if has an ISOFIX connection.

Rgds

Mishman

hi we use maxi cosi car seat which just fit with seat belt :blink:

then we splashed out on isofix base :D best £100 spent in a long time

i think there is only a couple of car seats which fit is200.

if you go too a mothercare superstore they will sort you out.

let us know how you get on :winky:

Rgds

Mishman

I've got the maxi Cosi Isofix too - great piece of kit.

Mine's 2001 too so you should/might have isofix. I have a label on the rear seat behind the passenger saying "isofix" - have a peek....

Rgds

Mishman

I've got the maxi Cosi Isofix too - great piece of kit.

Mine's 2001 too so you should/might have isofix. I have a label on the rear seat behind the passenger saying "isofix" - have a peek....

I`ve not got Isofix, would the maxi cosi still fit?

• 1 year later...

Maxi-Cosi Priory XP

Didnt bother with the Isofix...just bought 2 of the fixed versions (mine isnt the main car).

Great seat and came highly rated in Tests and seams to fit well ( I use a seat pad under the seat also).

I have checked mine over and cant see how this belt crunch mentioned in other threads may happen.

I will look into it though.

Rob

what is this isofix system ?

i will need 2 baby seats for my IS so im wondering what it is exactly ?

Isofix is a system of fixed mounting points in certain cars that a baby seat can be clipped onto. So if you have a car with Isofix it's a great way of attaching the seat. I can't say more than that really because my own IS200 doesn't have it.

• 6 years later...

I have a 2003 sport & every Isofix seat I have tried doesn't fit. It seems that the Isofix points are too far over to the centre of the seats. All the seats tried sit partly on the centre hump so the seat tries to twist to the actual inner part of the seat. Also all the standard belt type seats won't work either as the so called trained people that fit them say it has buckle crunch as the webbing that comes out of the seat with the latch on is too long. My wife has the Joie stages in her focus but only works in my IS200 in the rearward facing position which now is no good. So I have the dealer calling me back on Monday to advise me on what will actually fit. This is a nightmare & starting to look like I will have to get another car.

The IS200 has always been a bit of a problem for rear seats due to the buckle issue, I think it is even worse these days because the seats have grown slightly in the last 15 years.

Even with a correctly fitting non-ISOFIX seat my wife struggled with the limited rear space to get the child in and out of the seat so we did end up selling the car.