Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Is200

I've looked at the Official Is Exhaust Topic, exhausts reviewed post

And it seems that most of the back boxes have been discontinued

So what’s the best back box to go for (between £200 - £250 might push to more)

Make and model please .... the only one I could find was SCORPION Exhaust 4"

I’m after performance more than loudness

or this

we've got the blue flame one, the fit n finish its perfect. its not loud but but makes a lovely burble on idle and the sound is just fantastic n smooth.

i also have a blue flame, highly recommended.

If your not after the noise then i'd well recomend the hks hi-power silent, thats what ive got, bearly noticible untill warm when it gives a nice sporty note, especially now the s/c's fitted.

I have 2 powerflow exhausts if anyones interested, one 3 and half inch back box and the other 4" maifold back. No longer have any use for them since i spotted the hks on eBay.

• 5 months later...

Looking for an Exhaust too. Really wanted the HKS Hiper but not making it anymore. :(

It's between a HKS Dragger (if they make one for the IS200) and the Kazama 2 at the moment, which one of these two would you choose?

I've not been able to hear the Kazama 2 on a normal IS200 yet so if anyone has a video it'd really help.

• 7 months later...

Hi!

I'm looking for a backbox (i think) that makes the sound a bit more distinct. I want it deeper and a little bit louder, just so that it makes you think "Ah, this car has got more than four cylinders...". In the small town where I live, there are hundreds of Volvo 740/240s with 4" exhausts, sounding like roto-hammers agains wooden walls, scaring the elderly and disturbing the peace at night. I don't want to be associated with those. Example: http://www.garaget.org/video/s27pj8lkjbzc

What I'm looking for is more of a bumblebee-trapped-inside-a-cookie-jar like sound. The problem is there are so many different exhausts. The power increase is more or less irrelevant as long as I don't lose power. What do you recommend?

Thanks!

I've got the Veilside one fitted at the moment and love it but as Wozza says its quite loud :whistling: But i did have a PECO rear box fitted which gave a very nice sound not very loud but has a nice rumble to it and not intrusive on long journeys also looked quite oem when on the car just slightley bigger tail pipe? RobsLex has it on his IS200 now and seems very happy with it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've almost decided to go for the HKS Silent Hi-Power, but it seems there are different versions of it. The one at Prolex has an exhaust cooler(?), which the other ones haven't got. Do they sound different? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

I have the HKS SILENT HI-POWER one fitted sounds lovely when warm and gives a nice noise ( not loud ) under load....the back box has a little tube at the side its to do with the flow of the exhaust fumes they go in the small tube this cools it down so when it goes back to the flow of the warm exhaust fumes it deadens the sound makeing it kinda silent...... hence silent hi-power... :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links