Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I have a 95 LS400 90k, and have been looking to get On Board Diagnostic (OBD) software, but I have come up against a problem. The 95 has a round DLC2 connector mounted under the steering column. Does anyone know where to buy a DLC2 cable? :unsure:

Hi and welcome to LOC ( looks like I'm the 1st to get home again!)

Might be worth trying these people

www.ukobd.co.uk

or

www.gendan.co.uk/car

If you can detail your problem some one on here can usually help.

Cheers,

Steve

cable not required on the early OBD setup

http://www.troublecodes.net/Lexus/

this should help

Thanks for the tip, it looks like my 95 may not be OBDII. I am still interested to find out however what diagnostic tool is connected to this sort of connector. I will keep looking and post any info I get.

Regards

Riskey

Hi and welcome to LOC ( looks like I'm the 1st to get home again!)

Might be worth trying these people

www.ukobd.co.uk

or

www.gendan.co.uk/car

If you can detail your problem some one on here can usually help.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for the tip, it looks like my 95 may not be OBDII. I am still interested to find out however what diagnostic tool is connected to this sort of connector. I will keep looking and post any info I get.

Regards

Riskey

ill definitely be interested if you find a diagnostic thing for this setup, I keep an eye on eBay because you get some good stuff there for diagnostics

My experiences with eBay are that things look interesting on the screen, but when they come through the door they are still 'interesting' but maybe not so usefull. English sence of humour, you have to laugh at yourself :)

so true that is mate but to get the proper tools you would need to go through snap on or Sykes pickavant and they are not cheap so as long as you know what your looking for eBay is a good place to start cost wise, strange thing is Ive never seen any diagnostic stuff for the early OBD systems and probably because its easy enough to do tests your self with a jump wire in the DLC ( as long as you know which pins to jump ) so ill still keep looking you never know one day you just might see what you need