Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile Phones For Is220 Multimedia

Please help! Can anyone tell me if a Samsung E900 works with the IS220 with multimedia, I am currently trying to use a Motorola SLVR with it, but the bloody thing will not pair with the car when you get in it, I have been to the dealer but after a couple of hours they gave up and could only suggest that I connect it manually each time that I get in the car, great! Any suggestions for phones that do work would be helpful.

Cheers

Yes, it will.

My Motokrzr K1 didn't repair automatically with the 220d MM.

It did display Battery and signal, interestingly, though.

I replaced it with the Samsung D900, which is very similar to the E900 - In fact I think it might be the successor.

The phone repairs very quickly and everything works fine.

The Battery and signal do not display, unfortunately.

I'd suggest that you try the D900, since I know it works.

It's a bit wider than the K1, but a bit thinner to make up for it.

The only problem I've had so far is Battery, but I'm unsure if it was fully charged first time (I bought it new off eBay, but fear it might have been half charged first time).

I also accidentally left it on Bluetooth visible all day, and that might have had an impact.

I normally leave Bluetooth on, but not visible.

I'm waiting to see how long this second charge, and I can let you know if you want.

Apart from that I've found the phone to be great.

A different direction for me, too, since I haven't had a slider before.

(Well, the K1 was my first clamshell too)

post-5322-1173289118.jpg

Just upgraded to an SE W880i, I believe that it's an updated much slimmer version of the W810i.

Lexus.com doesn't list the W880i but has the following list of Bluetooth compatibilty for the W810i.

The list below is a cut/paste from the table, hope the formatting doesn't jump about once I've posted this.

Based on the below I decided to upgrade and it works a treat!

Had a problem sending all the contacts to the MM, but a visit to local Lexus dealer and really helpful technician sorted it straight away.

SE W810i Bluetooth FUNCTIONS

Handset will pair to vehicle

Handset will place a call through the handsfree system

Transfer single number phonebook entries to the handsfree system

Transfer multiple phonebook entries to the handsfree system at once

Handset reconnects automatically when the vehicle is started

Switch from handsfree mode to private mode using the phone's keypad or menu

Switch from private mode to handsfree mode using the phone's keypad or menu

Phone's auto answer function works properly when connected to the handsfree system

Handsfree system displays incoming caller identification

Handsfree system displays the cellular network signal strength

Handsfree system displays the Battery level of the phone

Ringing heard through the vehicle's audio system when receiving incoming handsfree calls

Calls placed from the phone's keypad are placed in handsfree mode

Accept an incoming call using the vehicle's off-hook steering wheel switch

Accept an incoming call through the Handsfree system using the phone's 'Send' button

Reject an incoming call by pressing the vehicle's on-hook steering wheel switch

Reject an incoming call by pressing the phone's 'End' button

Dial a number 24 digits long using the handsfree system

Dial an international number using the '+' prefix

Dial in international number using the '011' prefix

Terminate a handsfree call using the vehicle's on-hook steering wheel switch

Terminate a handsfree call using the phone's 'End' button

Cancel an outgoing handsfree call before the other party answers using the vehicles steering wheel on-hook switch

Cancel an outgoing handsfree call before the other party answers using the phone's 'End' button

Cancel an outgoing call from the handset before the other party answers using the vehicles steering wheel on-hook switch

Cancel an outgoing call from the handset before the other party answers using the phone's 'End' button

Transmit DTMF tones using the handsfree system's digit entry with the tones heard through the vehicles audio system

Transmit DTMF tones using a stored number from the handsfree system's phonebook with the tones heard through the vehicles audio system

Transmit DTMF tones using the phones keypad with the tones heard through the vehicles audio system

Transfer single number phonebook entries that contain special characters to the system (p, w, etc.)

Switch from handsfree mode to private mode using the handsfree system 'Transfer' button

Audio system returns to its previous state automatically if the other party hangs up the call prior to pressing the 'On Hook' or 'End' button

Switch from private mode to handsfree mode using the handsfree system 'Transfer' function

Brilliant little phone - now it's set up it does the job no fiddles - recommend it.

D900 looks a great phone and slim too. Has the slider been ok? .

Gareth Posted Today, 07:12 PM

What's the battery life like?

Specs say Battery should last up to 14 days on stand by and a talk time of 5 hours. Been giving it some heavy use trying everything out and leave Bluetooth on etc over past 24 hours and Battery is about 1/3 left.

But to be honest even if the Battery life isn't that good - it doesn't matter as I can charge in the office and if necessary get a car charger for when I'm out and about. Thats a small price to pay for a phone that looks so good, at 9mm is so slim and at 71g so light and a huge bonus - it integrates so completely with the MM.

I've had my Nk6230 for about 2 years. So on an upgrade I paid £69.99 for SE W880i with £50.00 credit on next bill for return of old phone, so actually paid £9.99!

Even for a tight Yorkshireman I thought that that was OK.

Gareth Posted Today, 09:41 PM

I'm a bit disappointed with the signal, which seems to be worse frequently.

Also would have liked the signal and battery to have shown in the car.

The D900 gets some good reviews. I spent some time checking out the phones most likely to integrate - I've spent nearly £3k on the the MM - and wanted to get a phone that integrates well to make the best of the system. Pop into/ring a shop - you never know what deal you can get.

Off topic - waiting for a 'special' plate will post when recieved.