Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ford Focus Vs Is200 Sc

went thru the border last night and straight after is an unrestricted piece of highway so put my foot down, i saw a pair of lights about 50M behind and keeping up with me all the way upto 120mph, i eased off then and was very surprised when the car that went past, it was and looked like a standard focus... ill have to check the specs on them......

went thru the border last night and straight after is an unrestricted piece of highway so put my foot down, i saw a pair of lights about 50M behind and keeping up with me all the way upto 120mph

With Speedo inaccuracy of up to 10%, you could have only been doing 108...which is within the sights of most Foci :lol: even the 1.4 can go over a ton

plain silver and looked like any normal focus - the badges on the back didnt say st - could have been the 2.5 diesel tho - very high torque

Just out of curosity as I used to drive one, is it the old shape or new shape Focus? Both the ST170 and the new ST can match IS200 speedwise, and particularly on the old ST170 hard to tell the difference lookwise other then the badge at the back.

maybe people have misunderstood i wasnt talking about speed here - i was talking about acceleration, but it was 115 or so the gps said so..

anyway............

i believe it might have been the old shape - i remeber a long silver badge on the back tho.

quick note: before any over active mod goes to close this topic because of speed - im not in uk and can go as fast as I wish on unrestricted roads.

quick note: before any over active mod goes to close this topic because of speed - im not in uk and can go as fast as I wish on unrestricted roads.

:D :D

My mate had an St170 and very quick off the mark, he had it de-badged and it looked very standard. Sleeper!!

Probably a similar topic started on A "focus ST owners club"...

Focus St V's Lexus IS200.....

" i had a job keeping up with a lexus IS200 last night, thought they were only 153 bhp?...."

lol

" i had a job keeping up with a lexus IS200 last night, thought they were only 153 bhp?...."

lol

haha - maybe.......! i think ill go and check all the pipe clips on the sc tubing are tight just in case.

lol

Its all about the driver Noel!! :tomato:

Believe me when I say that the Ford Focus can push some very suprising speeds.... from past experience.

I have a friend - not me! Who, when the convoy was on the way down to Trax in the early hours of the morning, topped 136mph in his 1.6 Focus (MK1).

I never managed this but wasn't far behind.

My old one used to top just over a ton in 3rd, then 120+ in fourth. Right unusual little 8ugger it was lol :D

Jamie

Fluff is not on about top speed ..... he is talking about acceleration... ;)

@ Jammy ..... his speedo might have said 136mph, but i seriously doubt he was actually going that fast in a 1.6lt.... was there a very steep hill and a tail wind by any chance... lol

Older 2.0lt celica's used to top out at 139.... and they were proper fast cars... :tomato:

@ Dan, so are you saying fluff can't drive?

Ive been suprised a few times when other cars have kept up with me under heavy acceleration. Trouble lies I think with the easy reving out and it having 6 gears.

of course i can drive... how do i get from one place to the other :blink: :P and yes im not talking about top speed at all i could have gone upto an indicated 140 if i wanted but didnt feel like it - i am talking about acceleration.

i have tightened the pipe clips and put the boost gauge on to see if all is well

Nah im slagging You driving Noel :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Slagging me.....? but i wasn't even there.... :duh: maybe re-read the entire post again sloooowwwwwly...... and then get someone to explain it to you... :tomato:

anyway i'd kick your arse with my AUTO.... :P

I used to have an old shape ST170

It made you drive like a hooligan because you were always chasing the power. The 170 bhp was at 7000rpm.

Wasnt that quick to 60 (8.5 secs) but after that it just kept on going and going without letting up.

I had 135 out of it on a deserted M69 with more to go but decided I liked my licence!!!! :winky: :D :D