Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi guys

thinking to put new alloys on my gs300 mk2.

will 19" size get any problems to a gearbox thereafter?

thanks in advance.

No, you wont have too many problems with 19" wheels. The gearbox will take it, but your handling may not be as good. And you speedo may not be as accurate either.

If you put anything over 18" on your car, your main worry would be your handling and ride comfort on your car. Both could be potentially lost.

Though having said that, a set of 19's would LOOK very nice.

Better check to make sure them 20" go under your arches without rubbing. At best you may need to roll the rear arches, at worst you may need stiffer suspension (and a lack of rear passengers).

hi guys

thinking to put new alloys on my gs300 mk2.

will 19" size get any problems to a gearbox thereafter?

thanks in advance.

Gearbox will be fine, speedo will be out of calibration so you'll be going faster than the needle says and fewer miles than you thought.

If you have the Navigator, you'll need to recalibrate that too or just get used to skipping each time the GPS updates the screen position.

Handling will be stuffed unless you have the steering geometry properly done, and it ain't just the tracking.

After 50 miles, your back will be stuffed unless you're planning to drive on duvets.

Alternatively, get some truck wheels and paint the rims black - same effect

so,it comes that the best ones will be 18?

thanks.

Thats certainly the best ones for all round handling, ride comfort and looks. Anything more is just for looks, and you'll start losing handling and ride comfort.

At the end of the day mate, it depends of all what YOU want. At one time i got a little Honda civic that had little 14" wheels on it. I then decided to put 18" alloys on it. Fair to say that the ride was pretty hard but i didnt care, it looked damn good. So it all came down to what I wanted at the time. Now being a little more grown up i probably wouldnt do that as ride comfort is more important than looks, but i can still get a pretty good mix of the 2 though.