Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extra Torque

HK1471

Depends on how much you want to spend?? Need to be a bit more specific on your requirements

Supercharger?

Turbo Conversion?

Camcon? (cheapest)

I've heard the Apexi Neo is better than the camcons. Not sure how true this is though :blink:

Final gear is in the differential.... increase power to the wheels but reduces top speed, don't think it would be any worse on the gearbox, but your tyres would probably spin alot more easily with your turbo...

Final gear is in the differential.... increase power to the wheels but reduces top speed, don't think it would be any worse on the gearbox, but your tyres would probably spin alot more easily with your turbo...

cheers mate.. back to the drawing board :yawn:

Torque to the rear wheels can be changed by altering the gear train ratio

lower geared final drives will indeed lower the top speed, but it will allow the torque to increase,

rule no 1....

you talk HP, you drive with Torque

its torque you feel, when you put your foot to the metal, not the HP

I remember doing that with my SR Nova 1.3. We replaced the gearboxes with ones from a diesel yoke. It did make it quicker! Brings back memories...

Forty quid out of Traynors scrapyard and a misspent saturday afternoon. Then sunday fixing crash damage!