Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Random Loss Of Power

Having a bit of trouble with the s/c, everythings fine till i put the foot rite down and as i build up the revs there can be random times of lost power, only happens on full throttle. This happened before but thought it was the belt so bought a new one. Only things i can think of would be the belt is still slipping despite already being fully adjusted or there is air getting out somewhere.

Anyone suffered this before, or an sugestions?

cheers

jay

dont know for sure but they should be alrigt not long had a full service ( bout 3 months ago ), somone said it could be a sensor or somthing but wouldn't that give either complete loss in power etc rather than come and go?

dont know for sure but they should be alrigt not long had a full service ( bout 3 months ago ), somone said it could be a sensor or somthing but wouldn't that give either complete loss in power etc rather than come and go?

Did you change your plugs when you fitted the supercharger ? as you now should be using ik22 :D

If the plugs don't fix the problem it may be worth looking at the supercharger belt - that can slip, mine used to do that at higher revs until I replaced the belt...

If the plugs don't fix the problem it may be worth looking at the supercharger belt - that can slip, mine used to do that at higher revs until I replaced the belt...

I'm hoping the plugs fix it as i replaced the belt about 2 weeks ago lol. they arrived today so will fit them tomorrow lunch break.

• 4 months later...

the TTE kit is sold as a straight fit - there is no recommendation to fit a colder plug but there is no harm at all doing so, I have the standard plugs and have no problems.

I would suggest the following -

belt tightness and condition and also check it is running in line - the tte pulley is a generic one that has more grooves than the belt so it is possible to have the belt off centre.

hose clips AND piping is properly fitted

bypass valve return spring is working ok and the bypass mechanism is smooth to operate INCLUDING THE CABLE!

As your problem only apears at high RPM and hence higher pressures it would suggest that you have an air leak

Also it does not matter if it is a "genuine" supercharger belt or not

the TTE kit is sold as a straight fit - there is no recommendation to fit a colder plug but there is no harm at all doing so, I have the standard plugs and have no problems.

I would suggest the following -

belt tightness and condition and also check it is running in line - the tte pulley is a generic one that has more grooves than the belt so it is possible to have the belt off centre.

hose clips AND piping is properly fitted

bypass valve return spring is working ok and the bypass mechanism is smooth to operate INCLUDING THE CABLE!

As your problem only apears at high RPM and hence higher pressures it would suggest that you have an air leak

Also it does not matter if it is a "genuine" supercharger belt or not

Hi the problem with mine is when im in 1st or second under 3000rpm, if I put my foot to the floor there is a lag in power before the supercharger kicks in, this wasn't occouring when it was first fitted.

supercharger only starts to provide positive pressure above 3000 - 3500 RPM. Have you checked the points i noted above

Im going to give it a check over later today, thanks for the advice

have a GOOD look at the small pipes that connect the intercooler to the main pipework - it can look that the pipes are properly fitted but if the clip has worked loose the pipe can move a bit and as we are running a low pressure, even a very slight leak can cause substantial power losses.