Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Standard MK4's have tyre size 225/60/16 97W (the OEM type being a dunlop SP Sport D8z which only comes in this one size since it was especially developed for the LS400). The alloy is a 5 hole design.

The DHP Cars had 17" alloy wheels (instead of 16") with a 7 or 8 hole design around the rim. I cant remeber the exact tyre size on DHP cars but its sure wider than 225, most probably a 245 from my memory.

As maneesh says DHP cars are lowered and some colour DHP cars (i.e. gold, silver, light green, red) i have noticed have a body coloured front grill. Apart from that no difference.

Hi,

If it is of any help my MkIV has the DHP option. The tyre sizes are 245/50R17 and the wheels have 7 spokes. I think that the car sits 10mm lower than standard with stronger springs to comnpensate. The person to ask is Chris Skelton who posts on here occasionally.

Cheers

Trevor

Hi again,

The car has 7 hole 17's and has alot harder ride than my mark2,the ride quality was the main reason for me thinking it was a DHP.

Sounds like a DHP to me, andyman! (I had one too).

I have a DHP it has 245/50 x 17 tyres and is lowered..also has the colour keyed grill.

Am thinking of switching it to 16 ins wheels cos of ride quality...any views?

I will use 225/60 x 16 tyre wheel set. To get more spring in the sidewall and a smaller rubber footprint for reduced road noise.

Any recommendations as to a supplier?

JIm