Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid For Altezza?

princenj

I am a bit worried about putting HID in my altezza, as ALTEZZA headlamps are designed for Halogen bulbs not for HID. There could be a problem with beam gathering and the diffused light may dazzle oncoming traffic. I am not sure whether it is legal to use HID.

There is a solution: HID retrofit into dual round projectors. see below:

aaaaky2.jpg

A lot of ppl look after a nice bule light output and go for the HID >8000K. However, 8000K has an approximately 2500lm light output and less output compared to the 6000Ks and 4300Ks. 4300K has the best light output (approximately 3100lm) but light appears fairly white, not bule.

The 4300K HID and projuectors can be expected to achieve the best result: bright and wide light output + beautiful light cutoff + cool bule light.

bbbbbml1.jpg

There is a US company can do HID retrofit for LEXUS, their products looks very nice, also inculding black housing headlights and Demon/Angel Eyes.

http://www.advancedautomotiveconcepts.com/MainSite.htm

Here are two pics of their projector headlights for IS300. However, not sure whether they can be fit to ALTEZZA.

DSC02449.JPG

DSC02430.JPG

Anyone have any idea about this?

Any aftermarket HIDs are illegal.

I think most factory fitted HIDs are self levelling.

factory fitted HIDs = a lot of money :crybaby::crybaby:

IS300 came with HID's in the UK. the HID light from lexus is aparently different to normal halogen so the wing (or inner wing, not sure wich) needs modifying. make sure that the one above (looks really nice though) will fit with no mods on your altezza (IS200)

PS. aparently the Altezza didn't have the level function (controled from the cabin) on the lights so there lights are slightly different to the (IS200) I think the case and lenses are the same though.

Its illegal in most countried unless you retrofit them (when you use a headlamp unit that was made for HID lamps, and not just fit HID bulbs into a normal headlamp)

Also be aware that most IS300 USDM headlights will not fit the JDM Altezza as they have thicker bumpers and headlights to comply with their saftey laws and all.

And another thing, some Altezzas did have self leveling headlights, mostly found in the 'L' editions, and not the 'Z' editions.

Only a handfull seem to have them however...

Its illegal in most countried unless you retrofit them (when you use a headlamp unit that was made for HID lamps, and not just fit HID bulbs into a normal headlamp)

thats how i did mine in the fto.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links