Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone

I was going to clean my o2 sensors but i dont know what to use.

Can any one help?

Will contact cleaner work (99% iso-propyl alcohol) or damage them?

Lemon?

WD40??

Voodoo????

water?

Blow torch?

anyone really know??

From the www:

To check the sensors first disconnect and inspect the wiring, remove the sensors and clean them, don't use any type of chemicals to do this, the cleaning should be done by using a PROPANE TORCH, place the sensor tip inside the propane flame for a few seconds at a time until all contaminants get evaporated by the heat. Place the sensors back in place.

From the www:

To check the sensors first disconnect and inspect the wiring, remove the sensors and clean them, don't use any type of chemicals to do this, the cleaning should be done by using a PROPANE TORCH, place the sensor tip inside the propane flame for a few seconds at a time until all contaminants get evaporated by the heat. Place the sensors back in place.

Would a butane blowtouch do the trick??

also if i just used some iso-propyl alcohol would this damage

them or would it clean them.

I know i can buy some new o2 sensors but i wanted to try cleaning them first.

What are o2 sensors made of? and how easy is it to break them with a blowtorch?

In fairness, you'd be better off replacing them. If you're getting them out to clean, you're just as well spending £35 on a new sensor and knowing it's in perfect nick.

In fairness, you'd be better off replacing them. If you're getting them out to clean, you're just as well spending £35 on a new sensor and knowing it's in perfect nick.

£35 :o I ordered one for a Yaris today £114 plus Mr. Browns 17 1/2%

£35 :o I ordered one for a Yaris today £114 plus Mr. Browns 17 1/2%

From a main dealer by any chance?

Pay £35 for a universal sensor from a factor, you may have to re-plug the wires, but its a small chore for a big saving on what is essentially the same thing cheaper.