Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aqua Mist?!?!?

Ellz

hey guys im thinking of putting some sort of aqua mist cooling on the car for a bit of fun and just if it get mega hot in the summer.

And i was thinking i have a bumber with out the holes for the washer jets for the head lights.

I am thinking of getting some hosing and nossles together to set up over the intercooler and radiator, and when i need a shot of cold water to cool it down i just hit the head light washer.

Is this a cunning plan or is there a fault im going to bump into.

The only thing i can think of is i will only be able to use just water in the washer bottle instead of cleaning stuff.

Let me know

Cheers Elliott

Talk to Daz. He has the aqua mist set up with the V Pro for his manifold which keeps the temp down, therefore more power. I know he's very happy with the set up :)

Its a thing I plan to do in the near future too :winky:

the basis of the aqua mist is a tried and tested method from many many years ago.... I seem to remember yamaha had a water injection system on one of the bikes - worked very well, increased power a bit and mainly kept vibrations too a mininum.

the basis of the aqua mist is a tried and tested method from many many years ago.... I seem to remember yamaha had a water injection system on one of the bikes - worked very well, increased power a bit and mainly kept vibrations too a mininum.

I think i might have got the wrong end of a stick here, by aqua mist i mean having hoses places around the engine and cooling with spray nossles on the end, so when car very hot i can spray cold water onto radiator/intercooler, manifold etc what ever gets hot really, as then it will cool down pretty quick.

Liek these ones that TDi sell, its just cheap alternative if it works

http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/product_inf...roducts_id=4123

I think i might have got the wrong end of a stick here, by aqua mist i mean having hoses places around the engine and cooling with spray nossles on the end, so when car very hot i can spray cold water onto radiator/intercooler, manifold etc what ever gets hot really, as then it will cool down pretty quick.

ok we are talking about 2 different things here - aqua mist is a device to inject water into the intake manifold to increase the density of the air. u are talking about an intercooler spray - think the evo has this fitted, yes water spray on intercoolers does work and many industries use it to aid in cooling - on the thought of using the headlight washers - the time they are out might be a prob as its only very short. another option would be to use fan type windscren washer nozzles and mount them on the bumper to spray onto the cooler u could modify the timing quite easily i suspect

ok we are talking about 2 different things here - aqua mist is a device to inject water into the intake manifold to increase the density of the air. u are talking about an intercooler spray - think the evo has this fitted, yes water spray on intercoolers does work and many industries use it to aid in cooling - on the thought of using the headlight washers - the time they are out might be a prob as its only very short. another option would be to use fan type windscren washer nozzles and mount them on the bumper to spray onto the cooler u could modify the timing quite easily i suspect

Yep we're on the same page now :D lol

I havent got the headlight washers anymore got a different front bumper, so where the nossle out the bottom of the washer bottle is for the headlight washers i was going to just get a hose with a fan type spray end piece and mount them over the intercooler.

I am now thinking tho if the motor to squirt the water for the headlight washers was actually on them or if it was on the bottom of the washer bottle itself hmmmm me going to have a look

Here is an idea. Add a manual control for the radiator cooling fan. It simply means that you flick on the switch and it cools the engine immediatley rather than it coming on at a certain temperature. You could even add a more powerful motorsport application fan which would help draw more cool air through the rads.

Your talking about a fiver for the Manual Control option and fifty to a hundred for a fan.

Check out Demon Tweeks Motorsport section.

Lance

Here is an idea. Add a manual control for the radiator cooling fan. It simply means that you flick on the switch and it cools the engine immediatley rather than it coming on at a certain temperature. You could even add a more powerful motorsport application fan which would help draw more cool air through the rads.

Your talking about a fiver for the Manual Control option and fifty to a hundred for a fan.

Check out Demon Tweeks Motorsport section.

Lance

Mates got that on his punto, dont think i can be arsed with a manual fan i'd always forget lol.

i like the idea of having a little squirty thing as well might point some out the front to get ppl on the pavement :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links