Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav Dvd - Free Replacement

Hi,

I got my IS 250 at the end of June last year, which runs the 2005/6 version 1 of the SatNav DVD ... already out of date for some roads I use.

The dealer told me that there is a new DVD for the sum of EUR 159 (I can also get it myself for the same price from here: http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/).

I believe that the newer version came out in November 2006 so I'm a bit miffed to have to pay for something that was already out of date after 4-5 months (if it was 12 months I could accept it. But then again, I'd much rather have free DVD updates than a free leather-bound diary and key-fob at Christmas!).

Does anyone know if Lexus will ever give free updates within a certain timespan?

Thanks

Chris

-=-=

Not sure which mapping company Lexus use, but there are only two big ones anyway. Both of which are usually about 2 years behind real developments on the roads!!

So you might well find that even if you got the new update, it wouldn't have the changes anyway. Give it a year or two and maybe they will nbe, but don't rush out to spend your money or you might end up disappointed...

Not sure which mapping company Lexus use, but there are only two big ones anyway. Both of which are usually about 2 years behind real developments on the roads!!

So you might well find that even if you got the new update, it wouldn't have the changes anyway. Give it a year or two and maybe they will nbe, but don't rush out to spend your money or you might end up disappointed...

They use Navteq now. Think they used to use Teleatlas.

I believe that the newer version came out in November 2006 so I'm a bit miffed to have to pay for something that was already out of date after 4-5 months

Just like buying a new hifi, or TV...I know what you mean tho'. Even e159 seems like a lot for a few updated roads.

I'm tempted to leave it 3 years from new (i.e. 2 more years), then if I still have the car, I'll get a new disc :winky:

• 3 weeks later...

:excl:

Just bought a secondhand IS300 nav from a Lexus dealer (Lexus Nottingham, they were very good to me), and found out that the DVD is well out of date, looks like:

1. I will need to buy an update and

2. It's another thing for us all to remember to sort out an update AT THE POINT OF BUYING THE CAR!! I must write a reminder list for the future....even if you are buying new they may just agree to a free upgrade in a couple of years to secure the sale.......phew, I'm suffering from optimism, I must go and sit down in a darkened room.

I bought my IS200 new in December 2004, and the DVD was already out of date!

Never had any luck getting a replacement though, so I don't think you stand much of a chance, unless Lexus Customer Services has greatly improved since then.

Round Oxford it tells you to go the wrong way up one way streets, even going on roads that don't exist! And if you go on the Newbury Bypass, it claims your going across fields for a while. Not great for the suspension I guess! :duh:

My dealer to their credit told me to go ahead and order the new(NOV)

disc and they would reimburse me....this they did ....well done

That's very good of them :-)

Which dealer was it :question: