Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leak

The windscreen fluid bottle on my IS 300 has developed a leak. Has anyone changed one of these and if so is it a big job. There seems to be a lot of work just to get at it.

Is it still under warranty?

Ive recently discovered that screenwash is leaking from below my front bumber were the washer jets are.

When i manually pull the washer jet out from the bumper, i get a pool of water on the floor, i don't think this should happen because it didn't do this on my IS200 Sport.

Warranty expired last December. I never thought of the headlamp washer system, it's to dark to have a look now I'll check them in the morning. The water is actually dripping in front of the wheels on both sides of the car, running down those flaps that stick down in front of the wheels.

I notice your car is 04 hopefully still under warranty.

Checked the car this morning and it does seem to be tied in with the headlight washers. Manually drawing them out of the bumper causes the drip to increase and as you say leaving a pool of water in front of both front wheels. The car is due for its 40K service soon so I will have it seen to then, but in the meantime any ideas as to what is causing this would be appreciated.

Mine has just gone out of the 3 year warranty but i am going to renew it for another year.

I don't think this is right for the jets to leak, only they didn't do it on my other IS.

I also have doubts that the window screen washers have lost a bit of power too, they don't seem to squirt up the screen as high as they used to, maybe its just my imagination. Maybe you could check yours.

The leak has mysteriously stopped.

When checking this morning I operated the washers quite a few times and I also manually pulled them out of the bumper a few times. Whilst doing this there was a pool of water in front of the wheels but this has now dried up and no more drips. I wonder if its to do with lack of use. I rarely use the headlamp washer system, in fact the only time it operates is in some form of auto mode, i.e. first press of the windscreen washer button when the lights are on,and I don't understand the reasoning for that. Anyway it might be a case of if you don't use it you loose it!!!!!!!! Hopefully anyway.

The windscreen washer jets are working OK. I've not noticed any change in them.

Having thought a little about this problem could it be that as the washers use water pressure to lift themselves out of the bumper and with lack of use they do not quite return to their seating in the not in use position, therefore water although not at pump pressure leaks out of the jets.