Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do You Enter The Radio Code?

After having removed the ECU fuses from my car the radio now requires the code to go back in.

I have the code, however im not sure how to enter it?

I dont really want to try and try and try again incase it locks out for good or something daft like that.

Any one got any ideas?

Cheers.

Ok, figured it.

Just so anyone else gets stuck like me:-

1. Switch ignition to "acc" position where the radio would normally come on.

2. Press and HOLD button 1, 6 and the "power" button.

3. In the radio display will appear "sec".

4. Push and hold "tune" button upwards and press button "1".

5. You should see the sign "- - -" in the radio display.

6. Press button "1" to enter the first digit of your code. Button "2" for the second digit and button "3" for the third digit.

7. Press the number repetitevily until the desired number comes up. e.g if your code is 246 you will need to press "1" three times, "2" five times, and button "3" seven times. This is due to the numbers starting at zero.

8. Once your CORRECT code is entered on the display press and hold "scan" until the radio switches off.

9. Switching it back on now will run it as normal.

9a. If after pressing "scan" the message "err" appears followed by a number then you have entered the wrong code in. The following number will indicate the number of wrong attempts you have made. Go back to step 4.

The wrong may be entered up to 9 times.

DO NOT ENTER THE WRONG CODE FOR THE 10th TIME. THIS WILL DISPLAY "HELP" AND LOCK OUT THE RADIO FOR GOOD. CONTACT LEXUS FOR HELP.

Hope this has helped. If you have any problems then please ask a question below.

• 2 weeks later...
After having removed the ECU fuses from my car the radio now requires the code to go back in.

I have the code, however im not sure how to enter it?

I dont really want to try and try and try again incase it locks out for good or something daft like that.

Any one got any ideas?

Cheers.

Thanks for the information regarding keying in the radio code. I have just acquired my Lexus and ,regretably, the code has been lost. It may seem stupid but who and how can Lexus be contacted for the code?

Jim43A

Thanks for the information regarding keying in the radio code. I have just acquired my Lexus and ,regretably, the code has been lost. It may seem stupid but who and how can Lexus be contacted for the code?

Jim43A

Hi Jim and Welcome.

You have 2 options for retrieving your code.

1. You can go to a car audio place and they can retrive it for you. You will need to pay for this, standard is about £10, though you can pay upto £20. Not having been in Middlesbrough too long myself i dont know where you can go, i only know a place in Darlington.

2. Take the car to Lexus and tell them what the problem is, they MAY ask you for the V5 of the car. They can normally retrieve the code through the VIN number on the chassis. If you cant take your car then just take your VIN number and they should be able to help you out. There MAY be a charge for this service. I remember my uncle lost his code on his Passat, took it to VW and they got it back for him next day free of charge, and he didnt need to leave the car there either.

I think your nearest Lexus dealer may be the one on Preston Farm just off the A66.

If you need any more help then just let me know mate and il see what i can do.

Jim43A

Hi Jim and Welcome.

1. You can go to a car audio place and they can retrive it for you. You will need to pay for this, standard is about £10, though you can pay upto £20. Not having been in Middlesbrough too long myself i dont know where you can go, i only know a place in Darlington.

2. Take the car to Lexus and tell them what the problem is, they MAY ask you for the V5 of the car. They can normally retrieve the code through the VIN number on the chassis. If you cant take your car then just take your VIN number and they should be able to help you out. There MAY be a charge for this service. I remember my uncle lost his code on his Passat, took it to VW and they got it back for him next day free of charge, and he didnt need to leave the car there either.

I think your nearest Lexus dealer may be the one on Preston Farm just off the A66.

I just rang up my local Lexus dealer and they said try the last 4 digits of the Vin number and were spot on.

Jim43A

Hi Jim and Welcome.

The code is not factory set and has been done by an owner somewhere along the line, so if its not the last 4 digits of the VIN number or security code from the window, I believe its a send the unit off job. Well worth asking the previous keeper or seeing if its written in the manual anywhere.

The code is not factory set and has been done by an owner somewhere along the line, so if its not the last 4 digits of the VIN number or security code from the window, I believe its a send the unit off job. Well worth asking the previous keeper or seeing if its written in the manual anywhere.

Yeah i do believe the codes were not factory set, as they can be reset during ownership or cancelled out altogether.

Im not too sure about the code being the last FOUR digits of the VIN number as im sure its only a 3 digit code, unless that too can be changed. If you cant get it too work then make sure you dont try more than 9 times as that will lock it out for good.

You also wont have to take it out as i believe mine has been recovered at some point as its written down in the owners manual and then on a seperate card a few years later from an audio place. So im assuming the last owner needed the code after the Battery died or something, didnt look in the owners manual but took it to a car audio place and they must have got it back for him.

Theres quite a few ways mate, dont lose hope just yet.

I changed the battery on mine and it din't lose the code or pre set stations, guess I was lucky

You might not have a code on yours. Remember the code can be cancelled aswell as set to what ever you want.