Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ball Joints

hi all

does anyone know roughly how much a lower ball joint is for my 99 is200s? got a slight rattle and was told by my mechanic mate that this is what is in need of replacement as it sounds like ive got a golf ball in my door pocket.

cheers

rob

hi all

does anyone know roughly how much a lower ball joint is for my 99 is200s? got a slight rattle and was told by my mechanic mate that this is what is in need of replacement as it sounds like ive got a golf ball in my door pocket.

cheers

rob

bruv they're about £90 per side from the main stealers. Dave at Prolex had a sale on recently. I ordered both os & ns for £73. I think the sale ended though dude!!!

yeah id sort them out mate. mine snapped a few weeks ago. could of been a lot worse than a chip out the paint on the wing. i ordered mine from a local motor factors. think they worked out about £40ish each

oh and i replaced the track rod ends aswell. they were around the same price. had alot of trouble getting the track rod end ball joint apart. even clamped them in a vice and it still wouldnt hold it enough to undo the castle nut.

cheers geeza will give them a shout

the drivers side has been rattling since ive owned the car and now i'm thinking of selling it i'm gonna get it sorted :duh:

How comes you're thinking of selling bruv?? Its not giving you trouble is it?? Mines starting to P**s me off a little now, its just one thing after another. Might just get everthing sorted & sell it.

At the moment it needs 2 new front calipers, discs & pads up front, both bottom front ball joints stuffed. gettig it repaired on Wednesday if i ever get the ball joints...

6OLDE

i love my lex dont get me wrong, but i wish i had bought a manual not an auto,. i'm a driver (not a b/racer) but i do like to drive hard at times and like to feel that theres grunt under my feet!

i dont really want to be chopping about my IS as i always said i was going to keep everything standard and now i'm getting a little bored of it and like you i to have had a few niggly faults.nothing serious but annoying all the same and not what i expected from a prestige car. the one thing that really annoys me is the fact that i have crap fuel economy and not enough performance to justify it.

also the car is up to 85K now and i realy want to sell it before it hits the big 100 as i feel that this always puts people off, its like putting a 99p on the end of a price tag it always seems cheaper than 00!

also most of my friends round hear are into v dubs(not yah yah rubbish all OEM parts with style) and so was i, up until the lex but ive been out of the vw scene for a year or two now and i'm kind of missing the it, i havent got into the lex scene really as i feel a little lame to be turning up in a standard auto which is nothing out of the ordinary unlike some of you guys with your 300's 250's and altezzas.

anyway what set the ball in motion (and some of you may laugh and take the p**s!) is that my mate who has the golf rallye has offered me his corrado vr6 and it seems to solve all my probs, it means that i get chance to go to meets and shows with all my mates and that ive got the grunt i am crying out for, and also its a car that i dont mind choping about a little to get how i like it.

anyways thats the long and short of it all really. plz dont take any offence as i love lexus and i know i will end up with another in the future,( i know that a year down the line i will be wanting my air con / climate / cruise and all those other toys back!)

so before you all dose of after this essay ive just typed 1 quick question how much do you think i should ask for a 99t 200s auto with 85k on the clock in plat ice?

kind regards

rob