Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jamie's Lexus

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget the pics jamie :) also ur rear light clusters are they the darker oem's? trying to photoshop it onto mine to see how it looks..want to get both done. not sure how it looks on a silver

mate, your car is really coming on well.

its the only car on the forum that i actually look out for.

all the mods you are doing to it are right up my street. makes me want to do the same to mine.

but then i have remind myself that my car is just a run about thing, and not worth spending anytime caring for it :(

keep up the good work. and keep the pictures coming.

Hey all,

These are what the bulbs are like:

Bulb.gif

I'm really chuffed and they don't look chavish one lil bit :D

Thanks,

Jamie

:o I have some of those! I had no idea they lit up like that icey white colour, I just saw blue and took them all out!

i had a set of blue led's for my side lights, sadley they were spotted by feds and instant £20 fine. I went and bought a set of white ones and now ones fault and flashes lol.

i had a set of blue led's for my side lights, sadley they were spotted by feds and instant £20 fine. I went and bought a set of white ones and now ones fault and flashes lol.

:offtopic: A Question - are blue side lights legal? Or is it just Blue LED's that are a problem? (I brought a set of ultra white bulbs from eBay which included blue sides and have passed a MOT today with them fitted, they do appear blue)

Jay, I wouldn't say I'd get pulled for these to be honest, they are a very icey whitey blue and not over the top at all. Pretty Xenon-like in my opinion :D

Jonny, blue sidelights are illegal due to their colour. Some see them as an immitation of police appearance and as I've heard from other mates, they used to get pulled quite regularly for wearing these.

AFAIK, you are permitted to have white light at the front of the vehicle, amber on the sides and red at the rear. Also, white is legal underneath the car - so I have been told.

Jamie

This is the set I brought Ebay Link

The main beam bulbs also reflect Blue during daylight (as the bulb is blue) presume this may be a problem.... Did pass MOT today with them fitted

Image on lex

These high quality HID effect Superwhite with 30% added Xenon gas bulbs are E Approved for legal road use in the UK.
These high quality HID effect Superwhite with 30% added Xenon gas bulbs are E Approved for legal road use in the UK.

Seem to be OK mate, if they're E-Approved :)

Jamie

I guess time will tell if I get pulled... (I also still need to go out in the dark and see if they are any good)

Like yourself I have just fitted the OEM darker Hlights and am really chuffed, they look great!

Cheers

Jon

I put my blue bulbs back in and my side lights aren't as bright as i'd like them to be, and now one of my main beams isn't working :( so i'm changing them all back, again, lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links