Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jamie's Lexus

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A favour lol, yeah okay...

Listen, if I wouldn't mind at all if there was some substance to the majority of your comments. Love the insertion of such remarks like pathetic and meglomania - sheer genius! :D

Going down a similar route to someone else who was wrongly accused of this 'n' that. It does indeed make me smile as it's an endless loop of he did this, he did that and so on.

I checked through the T&C's some time ago by the way and found no mention of trading via PM? My apologies if it mentions this somewhere and I have overlooked.

Oh and of course you're welcome to your opinions :)

All the best...

A favour lol, yeah okay...

You attempted to sell me an exhaust manifold for £450 and told me that "you were doing me a favour".

(a manifold you didn't pay more than £200-£250 previously to offering it to me)

Then you asked me to edit a post regarding this very manifold on the forum.

THAT IS A FACT NOT AN OPINION. IT IS NOT OPEN TO INTERPRETATION.

Listen, if I wouldn't mind at all if there was some substance to the majority of your comments.

Glad about that, however all my comments are substantiated :)

Going down a similar route to someone else who was wrongly accused of this 'n' that.

Whom do you mean ? Would you care to name ?

....it's an endless loop of he did this, he did that and so on.

Merely bringing things you have done, and a pattern of behaviour to the open attention of club members

The word "OUTTED" springs to mind

I checked through the T&C's some time ago by the way and found no mention of trading via PM?

Your very statement confirms that it was something you were doing.

You have been hoisted by your own petard Jamie.

I got my information re trading via PM from the previously mentioned thread here post#9 as I was not a Moderator back then.

I am sure senior Moderators will be along to clarify this issue.

and of course you're welcome to your opinions :)

I feel deeply honoured that you allow me your good grace to voice my opinions on a public forum Jamie.

You certainly have wound a few people up Jamie..................

Must say its quite entertaining

Its like the good old days when you and that other tuning company were going at it!............ :lol::whistling:

You certainly have wound a few people up Jamie..................

Must say its quite entertaining

Its like the good old days when you and that other tuning company were going at it!............ :lol::whistling:

indeed..............my money's on the mighty Wozza

Indeed, all very entertaining I must say :)

I need not name those who have "gone before me", all I can say is that being involved in such a situation like this, I now know that quite a few members of the club have been ejected from the club for the wrong reasons and for untrue statements.

Regards selling something via PM... and? It isn't my problem or concern for that matter, if the Terms & Conditions of the Lexus Owners Club are not accurate and do not state this (unless they are updated in the meantime that is)... Please read them here and here.

Regards.

I need not name those who have "gone before me", all I can say is that being involved in such a situation like this, I now know that quite a few members of the club have been ejected from the club for the wrong reasons and for untrue statements.

Regards selling something via PM... and? It isn't my problem or concern for that matter, if the Terms & Conditions of the Lexus Owners Club are not accurate and do not state this (unless they are updated in the meantime that is)... Please read them here and here.

Regards.

jamie................

Did you or did you not ask for the post regarding the manifold to be modified...........?

I think your inferring that someone will edit the T&C's is insulting to Steve,Mat & the unpaid mods.................

Yeah, I did request for a post to be modified regarding the manifold at the time. Makes no difference to me though, if I made or lost on the item is irrelevant to be honest.

My previous post regarding the Terms & Conditions was that there are updates to that thread, as outlined at the bottom after Steve's last update so would be visible to anyone reading :)

I like how you're inferring that I am being derogatory toward the Moderators with my comments. Doesn't suprise me really ;)

Cheers

Those T's & C's seem to state that soliciting isn't allowed. I don't know what's happened in the past, but if a PM is sent to someone offering an item for them to buy (which they hadn't previously posted up as something they wanted), then that would sound like soliciting to me, and hence not allowed.

Ahhhh right I see, I just thought that offering an item to people that may be interested in it would be okay really, whether that be via the For Sale section or Messaging? My error then it seems and for this, I am sorry...

If this is the case then at the time I should have been informed as it seems Moderators were told from reading the other thread. Would've made everything a lot easier really and at least I would have known, rather than it mount to this.

Cheers...

yet you are not willing to name any of the "quite a few"

what evidence have you, that says any member was ejected for unjust reasons, listening to the side of the person ejected might lead to slightly a biased opinion

Regards.

the terms and conditions are a set of basic rules, they do not list every single misdemeanor

when they say items may be sold in the appropriate forum that is exactly where the items should be sold

they dont say "dont sell items on the general chat", and that does not make it right to sell there does it ?

if a member has an item for sale surely the best and most obvious place to sell it, is in the section which is there for all members to read, that being the "for sale section"

why would a member offer it via pm, to a limited market and out of sight of other members and admin ?

Yeah, I did request for a post to be modified regarding the manifold at the time. Makes no difference to me though, if I made or lost on the item is irrelevant to be honest.

I think this is peoples main gripe with the situation Jamie.

You were offering an item for sale at an inflated price of what you bought it for, and to try to stop that being revealed you offered it to people via PM rather than in a public forum.

LOC is a community and while people may make the odd pounds back (still not at a profit overall) out of selling items they no longer need, or returning the car to standard. People dont buy items at a low price then try to sell them secretly to other members for a higher price purely for profit. its just not looked upon well cause like i said we are a community.

You know me and you get on well but i just thought i'd throw in my opinion of the matter.

Stav