Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will Mazda Rx8 18" Wheels Fit On Mk1 Gs300 Sport

byrnemeister

Hi

Does anyone know if 18" Mazda RX8 wheels will fit onto a Mk1 GS300 sport.

I have seen a few for sale some say offset of 50 while others say 40-45, does

anyone know which is correct.

My standard ones are buckled, and am struggling to find second hand ones.

Thanks

Allan

not sure, but some one on here put some on an LS and they looked great :)

do a search for topic called: a few pictures of my LS by Jemjam. and

mazda Rx8 wheels on series1 ls400 any one fitted them by Jemjam

fitted LS so prob fit a GS as well :)

Yes I've got them on my LS400 so should be a direct fit. They are PCD 5x114mm with an offset of ET50 (the standard MK1 LS400 wheels are ET50 too).

LX4.jpg

Thanks for the replys.

I've been told the offset on my car is 35-45, will fitting these wheels cause any problems.

Thanks for the replys.

I've been told the offset on my car is 35-45, will fitting these wheels cause any problems.

I would expect they will be fine (so long as they clear the suspension etc). You could always use a 5mm spacer which would effectivly make them a 45 offset.

The standard GS300 wheels are 50 offset (Sport wheels may be slightly less?) so the RX wheels would be fine.

May need spigot rings, unless the centre bore is the same as the Toyota / Lexus 60.1 mm.

EDIT:

According to this Eibach list the RX8 centre bore is 67.1 mm.

http://www.drivewire.com/performanceparts/...heelspacer.html

The standard GS300 wheels are 50 offset (Sport wheels may be slightly less?) so the RX wheels would be fine.

May need spigot rings, unless the centre bore is the same as the Toyota / Lexus 60.1 mm.

The centre bore is 67.1mm so a fair but larger than standard. I'm not using spigot rings and I don't get any vibration all the way up to 130mph.

The standard GS300 wheels are 50 offset (Sport wheels may be slightly less?) so the RX wheels would be fine. May need spigot rings, unless the centre bore is the same as the Toyota / Lexus 60.1 mm.

The centre bore is 67.1mm so a fair but larger than standard. I'm not using spigot rings and I don't get any vibration all the way up to 130mph.

I just never really trust wheels which are not supported in the way Toyota intended

http://planetsoarer.com/offset/studs.htm

Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.

It looks like they are gonna fit with a few bits (spigot rings and so on).

Does anyone have any pics with them on a gs300, do you think five spokes will suit it.

Also have had an offer of 18" 5 spoke Lexus RX300 wheels, will these go straight on and can i use

my tyres off my old wheels (245/40/18 front, 255/35/18 rear).

Cheers

Allan

• 10 months later...

The standard GS300 wheels are 50 offset (Sport wheels may be slightly less?) so the RX wheels would be fine. May need spigot rings, unless the centre bore is the same as the Toyota / Lexus 60.1 mm.

I just never really trust wheels which are not supported in the way Toyota intended

http://planetsoarer.com/offset/studs.htm

Not a lot to do with balance or wobble, the studs and nuts keep the wheel in contact with the hub face....the spigot absorbs loads across the axis of the hub.....the studs are not designed to be strong enough to absord those kinds of loads!

Probably fine for 99% of our road conditions......but when that mother of a pothole comes along or the 4x2 laying on the carriageway you will wish the spigot is a tight fit! :unsure:

Best regards David