Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bridgestone Potenzas V Eagle F1s

IS250SE 17" wheels.

Having used Goodyear all my driving life (25yrs) because of their generally quiet ride I'm wondering if I should put Eagle F1s on instead of the Bridgestones that came with it (had it for two weeks). Not convinced, at times, the tyres are doing it justice. Had a C Class before and I know the tyres aren't as fat but that was very forgiving on rough surfaces.

Would like to hear people's experience advice etc. Thanks.

IS250SE 17" wheels.

Having used Goodyear all my driving life (25yrs) because of their generally quiet ride I'm wondering if I should put Eagle F1s on instead of the Bridgestones that came with it (had it for two weeks). Not convinced, at times, the tyres are doing it justice. Had a C Class before and I know the tyres aren't as fat but that was very forgiving on rough surfaces.

Would like to hear people's experience advice etc. Thanks.

Not sure from your brief description of what problem your having, but I had Bridgestones on the original 17" Rims. Now have Toyo Proxy T1-R's on 19" Volks from Ray's Wheels in Japan. Even with the lower profile and additional width there's less road noise. The ride is a bit harder but I've changed the springs as well so not a fair comparison.

When I had the OEM set up (17" + Potenzas) I had the geometry checked and readjusted by Tony Bones at WIM (Watford) and it vastly improved the ride and driveability...before then it was skittish on the motorway and seemed to follow every anomaly in the road surface.

I swear by Goodyear Eagle F1's. They just offer so much grip in both wet and dry. The feenback is really good too. I've had them on my Mazda MX-3, Nissan 200SX, and now my LS400. They are nothing other than supurb!

I have heard very good things about Falken FK452's aswell. Never tried them though.

Not sure from your brief description of what problem your having, but I had Bridgestones on the original 17" Rims. Now have Toyo Proxy T1-R's on 19" Volks from Ray's Wheels in Japan. Even with the lower profile and additional width there's less road noise. The ride is a bit harder but I've changed the springs as well so not a fair comparison.

When I had the OEM set up (17" + Potenzas) I had the geometry checked and readjusted by Tony Bones at WIM (Watford) and it vastly improved the ride and driveability...before then it was skittish on the motorway and seemed to follow every anomaly in the road surface.

Not a problem as such but just wondering if the F1s would be quieter. Thanks for all the contributions so far.

I have F1's Fantastic tyre had GSD2's now got GSD3's and both are as good as each other!

Yes they are quiet.

I have also used Uniroyal Rainsports, also a very good tyre and cheaper than F1's.

I had the potnezas from new not a bad tyre, changed at 35K (due to geometry being out) to goodyears g3d3's, they where noisier than the potneza and after 25k they are beginning to deform causing extreme road noise like driving on all terrain tyres Its like they are over inflated but Ive been running at 33psi. Switching back to the potenzas and sending the goodyears back to be examined. I usually get 40k from tyres a mostly drive at the speed limit on motorways. The goodyears broke down around the same mileage on the ford focus my wife has but I initially blamed this on the cars geometry.

I considered getting the Goodyears the last time I changed all my tyres, but then stuck with the Dunlops. I have been thinking though that for the next set I might go for the Goodyears - there seems to be unanimous agreement that the grip is very good, but how good are they comfortwise?

How have people found they compare to the Dunlop SP Sport 9000s? Are they quieter or noisier?

I swear by Goodyear Eagle F1's. They just offer so much grip in both wet and dry. The feenback is really good too. I've had them on my Mazda MX-3, Nissan 200SX, and now my LS400. They are nothing other than supurb!

I have heard very good things about Falken FK452's aswell. Never tried them though.

I've got 225/35R19s on my Altezza and i'm impressed, they were new on the car when i bought it, they're very quiet and comfortable given their skinny profile as well as having very good grip. That's my excuse when i cant get the tail out sometimes on roundabouts anyway :whistling:

I have heard rave reviews about those Eagle F1s from other Altezza owners though

I had the potnezas from new not a bad tyre, changed at 35K (due to geometry being out) to goodyears g3d3's, they where noisier than the potneza and after 25k they are beginning to deform causing extreme road noise like driving on all terrain tyres Its like they are over inflated but Ive been running at 33psi. Switching back to the potenzas and sending the goodyears back to be examined. I usually get 40k from tyres a mostly drive at the speed limit on motorways. The goodyears broke down around the same mileage on the ford focus my wife has but I initially blamed this on the cars geometry.

Thanks for that Ashpilot. That's the sort of info I was after. Ultimately it's not the grip I need but a little more comfort and quietness. I don't expect to get to the C Class levels as the tyres are much bigger. I'm probably expecting too much and as an earlier reply mentioned half the time its our crappy roads that are to blame. On a freshly laid road the potenzas seem fine and have no problems but they and/or the car don't seem very forgiving on rougher roads. Have yet to try a Motorway with a ridged concrete construction but dread the idea.

I've got 225/35R19s on my Altezza and i'm impressed, they were new on the car when i bought it, they're very quiet and comfortable given their skinny profile as well as having very good grip. That's my excuse when i cant get the tail out sometimes on roundabouts anyway :whistling:

I have heard rave reviews about those Eagle F1s from other Altezza owners though

225/35R19 Eagles, Potenzas or Falkens?

225/35R19 Eagles, Potenzas or Falkens?

Sorry meant to say the Falken FK452s :blush:

F1 GSD3 every time, stick like sh*t to a blanket and who cares about noise :lol:

Having said that the tyre noise is OK as far as I am concerned, no worse than any other tyre I have had.

As for wear I got 25K miles out of the last set, all knackered on the inside edge, the rest of the tyre was fine. It's the price you pay for being lowered and having a good handling set up with neg camber.