Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High Fuel Consumption

I usually get 400 mile to a tank or 100mile per Qtr line

but with the price of the fuel creaping up again it becomes a bit costly to fill the tank

as it is coming towards summer :offtopic: (petrol companies put it up during the summer as more people on roads)

But i dont think you will ever get both luxury and fuel economy(petrol) in one car it just dont go together

Matt

You should try the curved caliper stickers i get 14 more MPG :P

Ah now i Know what they Mean Its not go faster stickers it's go Further Stickers :P

Did a first fuel consumption test and I got 278 miles out of a tank of fuel (until the red light came on), which was mainly town driving with some A road driving over the Bank Holiday. Which frankly I thought was rubbish (unless the wife was driving like a loon which can happen).

So I am going to check whether the panel filter is blocked (even though it was serviced last week I don't know whether this was done).

However as the Lexus is a bit more technical that what I used to drive, I would really appreciate it if someone could post a pic of where the panel filter is in the engine, I have searched the forum but not been able to find a pic. Any help would be appreciated.

However as the Lexus is a bit more technical that what I used to drive, I would really appreciate it if someone could post a pic of where the panel filter is in the engine, I have searched the forum but not been able to find a pic. Any help would be appreciated.

It's on the engine cover where the Lexus logo is, unclip the "clips" at the front and back of it.

knfilteruc2.jpg

Geuss what, i've been up and down to southall at the weekend

and i only got 287 out the tank

the funny thing is, i get 160,170 on half a tank since i changed the filter

the other half of the tank seems to **** away....

is that messed up or what?

It's on the engine cover where the Lexus logo is, unclip the "clips" at the front and back of it.

knfilteruc2.jpg

bit off Topic but where did you get that K&N Lifetime filter and how much was it

is it the same as the ones on eBay

cheers Matt

You get 160,170 on half a tank :ohmy:

I'm guessing it was 160 to 170 miles :lol:

You get 160,170 on half a tank :ohmy:

I'm guessing it was 160 to 170 miles :lol:

See, i knew you'd know what i meant

:P

i wish i got 160,170 miles on a half a tank.... man that would be kool

Had a look at my panel filter last night and although its a lexus one it looked fairly clean.

Would it be worth seeing a reputable tuning company to see if i am running excessively rich? If so any ideas how much a tune would cost?

Hey

I get 20mpg round town. Doesn't seem to make any difference how I drive. I got the auto though. On a run I go up to a smidgen over 32/33mpg. 14mpg sucks, get it checked. If you drive everywhere in 2nd or something like that, you can expect it but I can't explain why you would if you drive normally.

Hope you find the cause.

Keith

Best i got was Shropshire to Inverness on a tank full, almost 420 miles. Did Anglesey over easter for a whole week on a tank, about 390 miles including the A53.

Good news at last!!

The car following the service is now doing 20mpg instead of 14mpg! Yay! The only thing is I have to use Shell VPower (tres expenseev!) to achieve this.

I think George Best has come back in the form of a Lexus IS 200 SE!

Also, not sure whether this is right or not but the car cruises happily at 100, but definitely struggles to get to 120. Cant get anywhere near the 130 expected speed.

I might just buy the denso's myself and the K&N filter and get them fitted later on. It wont do the car any harm having platinum plugs will it?

Still chasing Lex Hatifield for refund- useless $%*@~'#!!

He changed the air filter although it looked fine to me, he said that when they dropped it on the floor it was full of stuff.

He also changed the spark plugs which was my main concern- I've read on here of many ppl needing to change them after 20k miles and mine has 28k on the clock. I even had a heated debate with a Lexus "Technician" of 25 yrs (yes, at Hatfield) who insisted they didn't need checking because they are good for 60k miles.

My mechanic confirmed that they were burnt out through some hard driving.

I'm not convinced he put the right ones in though as he put in platinum tip standard parts. Everything I've ever read recommends iridium. The part no. does come as platinum or iridium, but I have to be diplomatic as he is my cousin's boyfriend.

By the way, does anyone know how to get the little gold emblem showing under my login name. Ive signed up to gold membership and been sent all the bumf. I've logged into the gold membership area but it still doesn't recognise me as a member!

Any ideas??

You wont get a gold emblem under your name in gold area noone does but if you PM Steve he will put the emblem under your name in for the normal forums.

He probably just hasn't got round to it yet thats all mate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links