Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aston Martin British Again

star a

david richards, the boss of prodrive, has led a consortium and bought aston martin for £450m. :)

Thats not that much really, is it ???

My old company wickes got sold to travis and perkins for just under 1 billion

Guest inicol63

david richards, the boss of prodrive, has led a consortium and bought aston martin for £450m. :)

Thats not that much really, is it ???

My old company wickes got sold to travis and perkins for just under 1 billion

I believe that this is a bargin buy for the new owners, even in the current car market with billion being lost by all of the American Car Giants.

Ford Motor Company should have off loaded Jaguar and continued with the already good job their done with Aston.

However I understand that the current Aston boss is staying with Aston Martin.

Definitely, it's good for it to be back. But for how long? Sorry to be gloomy, but it'll all end in tears again. You have to think about why it's being sold for such a small amount of money.

Surely it's not a profitable business...

Its a fair point, but Ford has not made a penny off Jag since owning them. Infact Jag has cost Ford millions!

Aston Martin however might not have made Ford loads of $$$ but they were not running at a loss.

Definitely, it's good for it to be back. But for how long? Sorry to be gloomy, but it'll all end in tears again. You have to think about why it's being sold for such a small amount of money.

Surely it's not a profitable business...

I'd back them and buy one! all I need now is some money! ahah, I have a plan so cunning you could pin a tale on it and call it a wheezle!!!!

I'll be back later!? :lol:

Ford dont need aston anymore. Personally i think its a bad investment because they will never make a car as good as a ferarri or as beautiful as a DB9. Jag (owned by ford) are making a cheaper and fresher looking DB9 in the form of the XK and now that ford has sucked the life out of that shape by making the common company car look like a DB9 (ish) that style will surely die a horrible death when it becomes mediocre.

i05fordiosis2.jpg

Ford dont need aston anymore. Personally i think its a bad investment because they will never make a car as good as a ferarri or as beautiful as a DB9. Jag (owned by ford) are making a cheaper and fresher looking DB9 in the form of the XK and now that ford has sucked the life out of that shape by making the common company car look like a DB9 (ish) that style will surely die a horrible death when it becomes mediocre.

i05fordiosis2.jpg

I thort Aston Martin was the only branch of ford that was making money?

i05fordiosis2.jpg

The same designer designed the Jag your going on about.....

The DB9, infact any Aston Martin will never die of death......look that DB5.....still an iconic car and fetch hideous amounts of money...

i05fordiosis2.jpg

The same designer designed the Jag your going on about.....

The DB9, infact any Aston Martin will never die of death......look that DB5.....still an iconic car and fetch hideous amounts of money...

i wouldn't say he deisgned it, i would call it photocopying. As for the new mondeo? again ripping off Astons look which should be a protected from common cars in my opinion.

While the DB5 is a beautiful car it is from the 60's and aston havn't made any money from it in a long long time. I wouldn't use that as a reason to part with $925,000,000. I feel ford has taken the best from aston and left it with very little to look forward to in the future. Who wants to pay a hundred grand + for a car that looks like a mondeo?

Will be interesting to see what happens, read about this a week or two ago and the guys then didn't think it was going to be happen!

Have to admit I do like the new Mondeo myself though :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links