Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Discs + Capilpers

el_gencer

i've done around 40k and now when i'm breaking at speed (say 60-70mph) the car is vibrating and fights back on the steering, which it didnt do when i first bought the car. I replaced the pads last year with mintex ones, so it got me thinking maybe the discs or calipers are on their way out.

whats the "standard" life expectancy of these parts any way ?

also what the "best" discs to go for as i'm assuming theres nowt wrong with the calipers

dba

trd

toms

mintex

brembo

etc

if i'm changing the discs, is it worth putting on some braided hoses as well?

el_gencer

I dunno but it seems the Lexus discs are very prone to warping. I replaced mine a few weeks ago with Black Diamond discs and Genuine OEM pads. I'm very pleased with their performance. Highly recommended in my book.

The original discs i took off the car were like new, not lipped or worn. Must be a crap part.

by the sound of things then i'll just replace the front discs, they've been of the car for 4yrs anyway.

thanks for the info.

Hi,Just replaced my disks and pads all round but found a caliper sticking(far side-drivers side)

making the steering shake due to sticking.Check them out.

On the subject where is the best place to buy an altezza brake caliper?

Please email myself wil be appreciated (harryvin007@aol.com)

B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links