Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Get Better Mpg

I need to improve my MPG and i've searched the forum and have learnt that if reset the ecu it will help my petrol consumption.

I've tried to search on how to reset the ecu, but with no luck.

Appreciate if someone can show me how to reset the ecu or point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Easiest way is to disconnect the negative bettery terminal for 5 mins. You will also lose you radio stations and your trip computer.

On a recent trip over to Ireland, 850 miles I managed an average 36mpg :) I was very pleased with that

I need to improve my MPG and i've searched the forum and have learnt that if reset the ecu it will help my petrol consumption.

Appreciate if someone can show me how to reset the ecu or point me in the right direction.

Thank you

You woun't definitly get better MPG. What this does is let the car learn how you drive rather then the previous owner and it will set itself up to suit. If you drive harder then the last guy you will probably get worse MPG. Still worth doing though.

Thank you

You woun't definitly get better MPG. What this does is let the car learn how you drive rather then the previous owner and it will set itself up to suit. If you drive harder then the last guy you will probably get worse MPG. Still worth doing though.

What else can i do in order to improove my petrol consumption?

At the moment i'm only getting 270 miles for a full tank and i'm not even driving hard.

All help appreciated.

what fuel do you use? do you ever use fuel system cleaners?

i use BP Ultimate and every 3-6 months run through a system cleaner STP injector cleaner or Forte...normally improves my mpg a bit but i have never had as bad mpg as you. STP is about £5 @ Halfords, Forte i can only get from a garage (repair garage) £8-£10.

i use BP Ultimate and every 3-6 months run through a system cleaner STP injector cleaner or Forte...normally improves my mpg a bit but i have never had as bad mpg as you. STP is about £5 @ Halfords, Forte i can only get from a garage (repair garage) £8-£10.

I use standard Unleaded Shell petrol religiously, never used a system cleaner, worth a try as i would really like more mpg. The car recently (3 months) had a service from Lexus. What type of milliage should i get around town on a full tank?

I use standard Unleaded Shell petrol religiously, never used a system cleaner, worth a try as i would really like more mpg. The car recently (3 months) had a service from Lexus. What type of milliage should i get around town on a full tank?

I get about 410 driving motorway and being very light footed.

I can get about 350 town and heavy footed driving.

an IS200 isnt the best car for town driving and fuel economy. buy a smart car if you want that.

• 3 months later...

I can get 410 miles and then the red light comes on, thats normal motorway speed (upto around 80mph) Driving about 80mph+ I normally get around 350miles to a tank. Best advice is to keep the car serviced and you should be ok

• 3 weeks later...

That's OK... It works out around 28 miles/gallon. Nothing to worry about. If you really want to clean your fuels system right through properly, then buy 10K boost. Normally you can get it in Halfords, but best buy on-line as you can get it cheaper.

Col :winky:

i get around 190miles on 30 litres..town driving..that good?