Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does My Rear Look Good In This?

Okay, okay, to save you the bother of copying the image onto your desktop and enlarging it to see if it really does say 350 here is an magnified view of the same picture. I might be sad with a bigger plate but 350 badge....no.

post-5322-1174374647.jpg

My apologies, but I did say 'if that's the case', and now it's fairly obvious it isn't, although at original size the badging on the second pic is very deceptive :blush: . Still stand by my comment in response to Aido's post though. :D

Regarding the larger plate, it's down to personal taste. I like the idea of filling up the contour but don't like all the yellow, so bit of a quandary really. The problem facing Lexus was to accomodate all the various sizes of registration plate around the globe, including the square ones, which necessitates such a large concave profile.

Tango Posted Today, 09:36 AM

QUOTE(LeedsLad @ Mar 20 2007, 07:13 AM)

Okay, okay, to save you the bother of copying the image onto your desktop and enlarging it to see if it really does say 350 here is an magnified view of the same picture. I might be sad with a bigger plate but 350 badge....no.

My apologies, but I did say 'if that's the case', and now it's fairly obvious it isn't, although at original size the badging on the second pic is very deceptive . Still stand by my comment in response to Aido's post though.

Regarding the larger plate, it's down to personal taste. I like the idea of filling up the contour but don't like all the yellow, so bit of a quandary really. The problem facing Lexus was to accomodate all the various sizes of registration plate around the globe, including the square ones, which necessitates such a large concave profile.

No need to apologise :)

The 2 from the 250 badge looks very similar to the 3 from a 350 badge and also it depends how the light catches it in a picture. I'm one of the ones who, when the car was announced, were disappointed that they decided not to market the 350 in the UK. I had done the sums and this time around I would have stretched to a 350. Oh well. But I have a 250 and am very proud of it and I won't masqerade as if it was a 350 :D

Yes, filling up the space was my original idea - but I can see what you mean about too much yellow - just down to personal taste. I think that on the lighter car colours it looks good whereas on the darker colour car that you photoshopped it's too much of a contrast.

As you say, when you produce cars to be sold in a many countries there are many different plate sizes to take account of. Thanks for all of your thoughts/ideas.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links