Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does My Rear Look Good In This?

There are a lot of these standard rear plates around…

post-5322-1173818070.jpg

Even some of these deeper rear plates….

post-5322-1173818208.jpg

But there aren’t many with a rear plate that fills the space…

post-5322-1173818231.jpg

For some time now owners of Rover 75, Aston Martin DB9, Jaguar X Type & S Type have had a shaped custom fit rear plate that fills out the aperture perfectly rather than as the pics above. Thought it was about time.....

Y2Kanjar Posted Mar 13 2007, 08:46 PM

you got a phat rear end

Just looked up phat on Wikipedia & that’s OK - it’s a compliment. :)

aido Posted Mar 13 2007, 09:05 PM

Nice one, does look better like you've got it pal - did you do the plate yourself?

Good numberplate too, how much was that one?

No, didn’t do it myself (i'm not even allowed to decorate) – I found a number plate supplier who will make you up whatever size/shape you want provided you send them a cardboard template.

I used to have MY 04 LEX on the previous car as well! As soon as you have the letters MY at the front of the plate the DVLA know what people will do….MY LEX, MY JAG, MY BMW….etc…..do a search they are all priced at £799.00. But at least if you buy from the DVLA it's all inclusive whereas any of the other sites are always more than the DVLA.

Jamboo Posted Mar 13 2007, 10:16 PM

Subtly personalised, that's what I like too...

Fills the gap quite well, manicure, pedicure and boticure

Boticure – love it! Although you are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Parthiban Posted Yesterday, 12:19 PM

I'm sorry to say this but I don't really like it much - never been a fan of those kind of plates on any car

Do like the private plate though

Each to their own - it wouldn't do if we were all the same! In an age of minimalist, clean, uncluttered, smooth lines - I just think that if you leave the standard letter box sized plate on, it sits uncomfortably with too much space and odd angles surrounding it. With the fully fitted plate the whole thing looks so much more integrated, finished, as though it was all part of the car - rather than "oooo here's an aperture of 577mm across the top tapering with straights & curves to the bottom and 185mm high - lets slap a standard rectangular plate of 520mm x 112mm into it, because we haven't the know how or capability to create a 'finished look'."

Also, I think that because the actual registration is surrounded by so much yellow that it actually makes the eye focus on the letters/numbers - I'm not bothered about plastering my name all over it. I just love the brand/car that I suppose I want everyone to know that it is MY '07 LEX!

Anyway - I think that I am in good company....

post-5322-1174000898.jpg

Thanks for all of your comments/opinions - I'm going to give this one last go. :D

Straight comparison, same car, same reg no, almost the same angle.....

1st pic is standard rear plate as delivered from Lexus Dealership and

2nd pic is my new, improved, more integrated, finished look........ What do you think?

post-5322-1174055604.jpg post-5322-1174055674.jpg

Thanks for all of your comments/opinions - I'm going to give this one last go. :D

Straight comparison, same car, same reg no, almost the same angle.....

1st pic is standard rear plate as delivered from Lexus Dealership and

2nd pic is my new, improved, more integrated, finished look........ What do you think?

post-5322-1174055604.jpg post-5322-1174055674.jpg

I prefers bottom one the smaller plate just looks a little lost. I don't think a bigger plate would look good on all makes and models but suits your IS250 well and as well as everyone else i like the private plate.

No, didn’t do it myself (i'm not even allowed to decorate) – I found a number plate supplier who will make you up whatever size/shape you want provided you send them a cardboard template.

Would you mind providing details of this numer plate supplier, I might be interested in a set, how much did it cost, and can a slogan and/or GB badge be added?

A query though I don't seem to see the name of the supplier of the BSAU 145d printed on the plate which is a legal requirement, is it just printed very small so not visitble in the pic?

Yaumeister Posted Today, 03:37 PM

QUOTE(LeedsLad @ Mar 15 2007, 11:23 PM)

Would you mind providing details of this numer plate supplier, I might be interested in a set, how much did it cost, and can a slogan and/or GB badge be added?

A query though I don't seem to see the name of the supplier of the BSAU 145d printed on the plate which is a legal requirement, is it just printed very small so not visitble in the pic?

I couldn't make the hyperlink thing work, I hope that I'm ok putting a supplier name here (don't want a moderator to bash me)

Supplier -> www.craigsplates.co.uk/shaped-rear-number-plate.html

£42.99 for the pair - front and special size rear.

Yes, I think you can add Slogans, Badges and Borders.

Sold/bought as 'show plates' as these do not require to show supplier details.

Since I sent the template they have a 'stock' of IS250 rears and list it on their specials page.

Send a template and it can take 3-4 weeks turnaround.

Heres a comparison without a personalised registration, Does it really make much difference? I don't think I like the amount of yellow :unsure:

lexmar211nk8.jpg

lexmarplategr7.jpg

Probably badges from the dealer - Anees had IS300 badges on his IS200 too :D

Sorta opposite of sleeper..very sad if that's the case :whistling: bit like stuffing a salami down your trousers...very impressive until you have to use it :D

Probably badges from the dealer - Anees had IS300 badges on his IS200 too :D

Sorta opposite of sleeper..very sad if that's the case :whistling: bit like stuffing a salami down your trousers...very impressive until you have to use it :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Okay, okay, to save you the bother of copying the image onto your desktop and enlarging it to see if it really does say 350 here is an magnified view of the same picture. I might be sad with a bigger plate but 350 badge....no.

post-5322-1174374647.jpg