Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replaced With A Heated Windscreen

trevorx

Hi all,

I've got an is200 S '1999 and it ain't got a heated windscreen. Well it hadn't until the Insurance replaced my cracked one with a heated version.

The fitter spotted the blanked off terminal so fitted the new windscreen to it.

Do you know what I have to do to any internal switches to get to to work?

Cheers,

Trev.

>Its automatic, but its only the bottom that's heated by the

>wippers so it doesn't really do much.

It only comes on if you turn the heat and fan to full and direct airflow to the windscreen. I find it very useful if the wipers have frozen to the screen and also to make the rubber a little more flexible on a cold winters morn, that way you don't get the wipers juddering across the screen.

It only comes on if you turn the heat and fan to full and direct airflow to the windscreen. I find it very useful if the wipers have frozen to the screen and also to make the rubber a little more flexible on a cold winters morn, that way you don't get the wipers juddering across the screen.

Not on mine, must be different on later models.

Mine comes on with the rear windscreen button, look at the graphic on the button and you will see that it shows both the rear and front windscreen

Si

look at the graphic on the button and you will see that it shows both the rear and front windscreen

I thought the graphic represented the rear screen and the door mirrors :whistling:

So did I, in fact I'm sure it does. On earlier models the heated mirrors were on all the time, but they changed it for the newer cars so that they only come on with that button.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links