Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Rubber Mats Wanted - Where To Get?

My IS250 has the beige cream interior, which does not really appreciate muddy boots and weekend outings.

I'm getting tired of scrubbing the carpets afterwards, so I remembered that according to the Accessories brochure you can get interior black rubber mats. Perfect. Called Lexus Cambridge, but was told "never heard of them, we don't get them"

Hmm.

Does anyone have these? Would you happen to know a dealer who can source them. Hopefully I could then ask them to ship them to me in Cambridge.

Thanks

Mark

Had the same issue with the beige carpet. Even a glance of shoe polish leaves a mark...

Got the genuine IS250/220 rubber mats from local dealer - took two days.

They have an array of the Lexus logo across the surface providing grip, as well as grooved lines under the pedal area..

Look and perform well - although they don't have holes for the fixing lugs on the driver's side. Not really an issue, given their weight and the friction grip.

Tend to leave them in the boot until required. That said, usually leave the driver's mat in position, and carpet elsewhere.

Cost €50 or thereabouts. Well worth it.

P.

My IS250 has the beige cream interior, which does not really appreciate muddy boots and weekend outings.

I'm getting tired of scrubbing the carpets afterwards, so I remembered that according to the Accessories brochure you can get interior black rubber mats. Perfect. Called Lexus Cambridge, but was told "never heard of them, we don't get them"

Hmm.

Does anyone have these? Would you happen to know a dealer who can source them. Hopefully I could then ask them to ship them to me in Cambridge.

Thanks

Mark

Recently bought IS250 from Lexus Sheffield (Mid Feb) with same beige interior. They informed me the rubber mats had been recalled by Lexus and were unable to get some unless there was some old stock elsewhere. Apparently the reason for the recall was they were found to be moving around on the top of the carpets and causing a problem/danger. Not been able to find rubbers on eBay but was considering the black carpets as they look a bit more forgiving and would go with the black/beige interior.

If its any help a full set of C Class (2002 onwards) rubber mats fit very well. I'm using my old ones at present (spruced up of course) and they are doing a manful job.

Hmm.

Thanks

Mark

Have you tried these? http://www.cannoncarmats.com/

Dave.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Recalled, eh? That explains why they seem hard to get. I've noticed that you can get them from various outlets in the US, but once you add shipping they get a bit silly pricewise.

I'll look at some of the non-OEM ones.

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to everyone for the replies. Recalled, eh? That explains why they seem hard to get. I've noticed that you can get them from various outlets in the US, but once you add shipping they get a bit silly pricewise.

I'll look at some of the non-OEM ones.

Thanks

Mark

General note:

Be wary of importing mats - the footwells will be different (Left hand drive compared to right hand drive).

One thing I would say about the rubber matts is that you need to be careful with them as they do not have the fixing lugs. I was driving into town with my little boy in the back and the wife and the accelorator got stuck under the matt and stayed down. The car lurched forward and nearly went into the car in front. Obviously I pushed the clutch in and stopped but I immediately took them out and only use the normal carpeted ones now. I saw them as too dangerous.

They did keep the car clean though and are a high quality matt.

One thing I would say about the rubber matts is that you need to be careful with them as they do not have the fixing lugs. I was driving into town with my little boy in the back and the wife and the accelorator got stuck under the matt and stayed down. The car lurched forward and nearly went into the car in front. Obviously I pushed the clutch in and stopped but I immediately took them out and only use the normal carpeted ones now. I saw them as too dangerous.

They did keep the car clean though and are a high quality matt.

I think this is why they are recalled. Like I say, I have croc clips which work!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links