Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Wiring Diagram For Is200

• 2 weeks later...

Right i'm not sure what you mean so i'll explain both:

On the Stereo itself:

12v Ignition; Is a Grey wire that goes to pin 11 of plug A (the bigger plug)

12v Constant; Is a Blue and Yellow wire that goes to Pin 1 of plug A

Gnd; Is a Brown wire from Pin 20 of Plug A.

On the Amp:

12v Ignition; Grey wire on Pin 16 of plug A (the flatter one)

12v Constant; Is a Blue and Yellow wire that goes to Pin 7 of plug A

Gnd; Is a Brown wire from Pin 12 of Plug A.

Hope this helps mate.

Stav

• 2 months later...
Right i'm not sure what you mean so i'll explain both:

On the Stereo itself:

12v Ignition; Is a Grey wire that goes to pin 11 of plug A (the bigger plug)

12v Constant; Is a Blue and Yellow wire that goes to Pin 1 of plug A

Gnd; Is a Brown wire from Pin 20 of Plug A.

On the Amp:

12v Ignition; Grey wire on Pin 16 of plug A (the flatter one)

12v Constant; Is a Blue and Yellow wire that goes to Pin 7 of plug A

Gnd; Is a Brown wire from Pin 12 of Plug A.

Hope this helps mate.

Stav

Hi,

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I have just added all of the wiring to my IS200 to finish off an amp/sub install. I cannot figure out which one of these wires i need for the power control wire (aka the wire that turns the power amp on and off with the stereo), do i use the 12v ignition or 12v constant?

• 6 months later...

Hi all, I know this is an old thread, but it seems to be the only one that half begins to answer my question!

I'm wiring a stereo to a 2003 IS200 (No Satnav) and whilst I've been able to sort out the power, constant and earth no bother, I, for the life of me cannot get the speakers to do a damn thing! :tsktsk:

The Lexus stereo connector has 15 pins all in one iso block, and this has been chopped in favour of a hardwire.

Does anyone know the colour scheme? A wiring diagram would be perfect, but im sure many guys here have had to hardwire an aftermarket stereo?!

I've searched this site and many others....believe me, I've tried for the past 2 hours+ to find some useful topics, but any that would have helped all seem to talk about a different type of connector (older model perhaps?!)

Can anyone help?

Many thanks! :blush:

Try looking here: Clicky

or here: Click again

The IS200 SE and Sport have an amp behind the glove box so that is why the speakers don't work. But the tqwo threads should explain all.

Stav

Thanks Stav, I was on that thread last night but found nothing relevant to the speaker cable colours.

Am I right in understanding that you have some sort of PDF wiring diagram? I thought I read that in one of the replies?

If you do, would there be any chance of a copy?

You didn't find anything about the relevant speaker wire colours because there isn't any.

The headunit sends a signal to the amp that then sends the signal to the speakers.

The speaker wires go from the amp. Thats why the bypass lead is needed.

Stav

You didn't find anything about the relevant speaker wire colours because there isn't any.

The headunit sends a signal to the amp that then sends the signal to the speakers.

The speaker wires go from the amp. Thats why the bypass lead is needed.

Stav

Ok, so, I have one 20 Pin Plug at the back of the OE HU. I've disconnected it, and as no ISO adaptor is available, cut the wires and proceeded to hardwire to the new ISO lead. I have identified and connected the 12v+, the 12v+ Constant, and the Earth. The Kenwood HU now powers up, but that still leaves the question of sound.

The rest of wires from the original 20pin plug are not redundant is that correct?

I now have to trace back to the amp (behind the glove box) remove it and disconnect the loom from there correct?

How then at that point, do I know which wire goes to which speaker?

Thanks for the info so far! Its helping to make sense of a few things alright. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hi sorry for troubling you,

im in a lil bit of a mess, i tried to rewire my d/s wing mirror after some C$%t kicked it off.

however i could only get 1 from a 2001 modle is200 sport and mines a 2000 the connectors and wire colours are different :(. i tried to cut the wires and hard wire them togeter but in doing so managed to blow a fuse somewhere and now the satnav , stereo and both mirrors dont work :shutit:

ive cecked all the 20 15 and 7.5 amp fuses in both the passenger foot well and under bonnet housings but all seem to be fine. are there any hidden fuses ? and could you please send me a full wiring diagram ? so hopefully i can sourse the problem.

cheers jamie

jammiebigmac@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi Stav,

Could you please forward the diagrams for me as well.

My email is b.arkadiy@bsrefinish.com

There are full wiring diagrams in the online workshop manual that Stav gave the link to :winky:

Hello, again a bump, sorry.

I was trying to find the diagrams for the radio wiring of an IS 200/1999 on the link few posts above but it doesn't work anymore. At least, it doesn't work when you actually click on the layout you need.

I need to install a Parrot hands-free system and before doing some damage I'd like to know what to cut and where.

Can anyone post me the radio wiring layout (speaker and power wiring and colours)? Thanks in advance!

fabio.monaca@skynetsolutions.it

EDIT: I managed to download the diagrams using a bit of Firebug (some of the javascript functions pointed nowhere), but they are not the right ones. I have one of the old radios with a separate amp, so it uses the R6 connector (the one with 18 pins). The wiring colour schema doesn't apply either. Anyone with the right diagram here?

Thanks!

• 2 years later...