Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is-f

Gotta agree its very nice - just hope its as competent as it should be.........

Love the quote "has special 19" alloys made specially for us to our specifications by BBS"

Does that mean they've deliberately made them badly so they'll corrode within the first few months? :lol::hehe:

• 3 weeks later...

if i can support lex i will,bulge or no bulge,but i agree it does look *******,but then i did get a bmw,its down to the power and if it does what it says on the tin then im in as soon as it becomes affordable.I still insist my upper budget for any 300+BHP CAR is £25k max,less if possible and although the car will defo start life at £50K it wont be long b4 alot of us can push for it.also i hope it plays out like most lexii,expensive to begin with then drops heavily,unlike its enemy bmw and merc.

• 2 weeks later...
:D The more I see reports on this car the more I like it, I will be considering one when they come out. :winky:

Nope, seen it, heard it, touched it and don't want one..but saving a space in the garage for the LF-A when it goes into production.. :)

:D The more I see reports on this car the more I like it, I will be considering one when they come out. :winky:

Nope, seen it, heard it, touched it and don't want one..but saving a space in the garage for the LF-A when it goes into production.. :)

What is it that has put you off?. :o

I've covered it in other posts after I came back from the Houston Autoshow. It looks like some ricer has modified it with not too much taste. The 3.5 V6 is just right for that chassis and the V8 is a step too far for it. The modifications to the bodyshell and interior are unrefined and tasteless and goes away from the L-Finesse styling concept that the standard shell just carried off. It really does look like the V8 was shoehorned in and the mods made to accomodate it without a thought to style. The only bits I like are the front spoiler, the seats (without the garish two tone and all the IS-F logos) and at a push the carbon fibre trim which replaces the woodgrain or plain silver....oh and the 19" forged alloys (but I had them on my 250 before the IS-F launch so how could I say otherwise).

The worst thing for me was to see and sit in the fully specced Audi RS4 which blew me away, and I'd take it over the IS-F any day if I needed similar power.

I've covered it in other posts after I came back from the Houston Autoshow. It looks like some ricer has modified it with not too much taste. The 3.5 V6 is just right for that chassis and the V8 is a step too far for it. The modifications to the bodyshell and interior are unrefined and tasteless and goes away from the L-Finesse styling concept that the standard shell just carried off. It really does look like the V8 was shoehorned in and the mods made to accomodate it without a thought to style. The only bits I like are the front spoiler, the seats (without the garish two tone and all the IS-F logos) and at a push the carbon fibre trim which replaces the woodgrain or plain silver....oh and the 19" forged alloys (but I had them on my 250 before the IS-F launch so how could I say otherwise).

The worst thing for me was to see and sit in the fully specced Audi RS4 which blew me away, and I'd take it over the IS-F any day if I needed similar power.

Tango - I must say It comes down to opinion I suppose.

No disrespect to the RS4 it is a wonderfull car, but the whole idea of the F Divsion is performance and performance styling.

I consider the IS-F to be as one of my colleagues put it " wow that looks angry" the IS-F is aggressive in it's styling and personally that's the way it should be.

The Audi RS4 is not really that different to look at when you consider a standard A4, Yes the engine is in a different world compared with any other A4, but looks, it's not all that diifferent.

With an M3 and especailly the IS-F - you will know that's different from the rest of the family, it will stand out and best of all you will hear it stand out!

When I first saw the new Audi RS4, I thought "very nice car"

When I first saw the new M3, i thought " that's very nice, it has some nice touches"

When I first saw the IS-F i thought " WOW that looks mean, that's looks awesome"

I suppose it all comes down to each and everyones opinion.

No disrespect to the RS4 it is a wonderfull car, but the whole idea of the F Divsion is performance and performance styling.

I consider the IS-F to be as one of my colleagues put it " wow that looks angry" the IS-F is aggressive in it's styling and personally that's the way it should be.

The Audi RS4 is not really that different to look at when you consider a standard A4, Yes the engine is in a different world compared with any other A4, but looks, it's not all that diifferent.

With an M3 and especailly the IS-F - you will know that's different from the rest of the family, it will stand out and best of all you will hear it stand out!

When I first saw the IS-F i thought " WOW that looks mean, that's looks awesome"

I suppose it all comes down to each and everyones opinion.

But it isn't that much different from the IS250/350 in looks, just as the RS4 isn't too far away from the A4. The changes that have been made aren't 'performance styling' (whatever that means), but changes made to the original bodyshell that IMHO detract from the original L-Finesse style concept. The changes are made to accomodate the V8 (bulbous bonnet line, quad exhaust, slightly bigger front intake). The other change is those silly bolt on side vents, presumably to try and make it look different or perhaps to provide better airflow for those big Brembo's. Look:

dsc03436ov6.jpgis250selmm1nj2.jpg

I think its absolutly amazing, fair enough the rs4 is a competator but as i said to a friend once you go jap you dont go back, lol.

Would do anthing for this car though, does anyone know where to find stats on it such as weights, exact figures etc or has this not been finialised?