Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strangers Taking Pictures Of Car Posing As It's Their Own! :o

skeet94

Not the first time it's happened, but came home today after a normal hard day at work and heard from my mum, some newly situated neighbours who are renting the house two doors away, were posing in front of the car pretending to open the rear door (hand under handle) and were taking pictures of themselves next to the car.

Put a smile on my face knowing a car almost 10 years old now, still hasn't lost it's touch :D.

I've normally had loads of people just drive down the road, notice the car parked up, and park up down the road or near as possible then take a tour round the car and then drive off again. Sometimes even when I'm standing outside (in the summer) or when a family member is outside and get asked loads of questions or just a pleasant comment such as "WOW! NICE CAR!!! Yours?"

Anybody else get this kind of attention?

Mind you half these times the car is dirty too like today.

mine gets attention still mostly people asking what it is .also looks a lot newer than its 11 years so most people think its only a few years old .lost count of the conversations i have had over the years about the car.

Yeah I get a lot more attention in the Aristo than I ever did in the IS!

Women love it too :D

Have to admit I don't think anyone's ever posed with it though, whenever they ask what it is they always look shocked when I tell them it's a Toyota :D

i have mine at work ive had loads of pics taken of it by other ppl its mostly cause of the exhausts are very unique and when its sunny the cars paint shines like crazy .

one day i found some girl on the bonnet easy to say i wasnt pleased im expecting a good bit of attention around the end of the summer as the town has the national drinking festival ... i mean national culture festival ...

Glad to know it's not only mine!

I mean I am getting a massive head due to the fact that there's Bentley Continental GT's, Porsche Cayman's, 911 Turbo's, X5's, Range Rover Sports, parked up on the road and out of all the cars I get more attention!

(above cars are owned by the local Estate/Letting & Travel Agents)

I've haven't had one comment about my car since I got it, not even from the mingers & chavs down at Morrison's petrol station

Not the first time it's happened, but came home today after a normal hard day at work and heard from my mum, some newly situated neighbours who are renting the house two doors away, were posing in front of the car pretending to open the rear door (hand under handle) and were taking pictures of themselves next to the car.

Perhaps they were simply trying to see if there was a way they could steal it?

Maneesh: They are actually pretty "nice" folks - well the parents seem to think so anyway. Don't think they'd do that with the wife holding the camera ... BTW you've got PM.

EDIT: Forgot to mention they may not approach you cos they don't wanna ***** THE pimp of Ealing and Enfield? :P

Put a smile on my face knowing a car almost 10 years old now, still hasn't lost it's touch :D.

I've normally had loads of people just drive down the road, notice the car parked up, and park up down the road or near as possible then take a tour round the car and then drive off again. Sometimes even when I'm standing outside (in the summer) or when a family member is outside and get asked loads of questions or just a pleasant comment such as "WOW! NICE CAR!!! Yours?"

Anybody else get this kind of attention?

Mind you half these times the car is dirty too like today.

Hi I get quite a bit of attention from my IS200 Sport.

It is in mint condition if I may say so not a scratch on her including the wheels. All I have changed is the front bumper to a TTE one and a private no. plate. I part the car off-street near the station when travelling to work. My mate who lives near the station passes the car every morning and notices the other people walking to the station, taking a good look and still looking when they are 2-3 cars ahead. I think its the bumper which makes the car look like a beast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hang on then, so you're driving a JDM car yet posting up a pic ripping a HKS drift car?

Are you on drugs? And if so can I have some :D

Any pics then? The RX7's are nice cars. Shame you have to rebuild the engine so often.