Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a Lexus GS300 SE MK1

It has 65K on the clock.

I have noticed the accelerator Pedal has been sticking. What i mean by this is when i am stationary, I press the pedal and it feels like it is stuck. I push a little harder and it overcomes the stickiness and lunges the car forward.

Any ideas how to fix this?? Bit of WD40/Copper grease somewhere?

Cheers

Kryz

I have a Lexus GS300 SE MK1

It has 65K on the clock.

I have noticed the accelerator Pedal has been sticking. What i mean by this is when i am stationary, I press the pedal and it feels like it is stuck. I push a little harder and it overcomes the stickiness and lunges the car forward.

Any ideas how to fix this?? Bit of WD40/Copper grease somewhere?

Cheers

Kryz

Anyone out there have any ideas??

Greasing the cable could be, though not fully sure will have to wait till someone who knows the ins n outs of them to tell.

Have you checkd if your mats arnt rubbing against the pedal?

Anyone out there have any ideas??

Yeah id check stuff wasnt getting in the way first, then id have a look behind the pedal itself and see where the moving parts are once you press the pedal.

You might see something sticking or getting in the way, if you cant then give the moving parts a quick spray of WD40 and see if that makes it any easier.

Let us know.

Greasing the cable could be, though not fully sure will have to wait till someone who knows the ins n outs of them to tell.

Have you checkd if your mats arnt rubbing against the pedal?

Def check your mats it happened to me a few times till i realised the mat was to far forward and catching on the top of the pedal.