Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I noticed my yellow car indictor came on last night and instantly knew I had a blown tail light bulb :crybaby: so went to check to and take it out and found no access panel in the boot... :huh: I was confused so check e owners book and its saying I gota take the unit out :huh: what a pain in the ***** this is for a bulb change..

The good thing is the bulb is not effect by the brake, as you know you get some bulbs are 2 in one system and this way atleast its safe for me and the driver behind me.

I noticed my yellow car indictor came on last night and instantly knew I had a blown tail light bulb :crybaby: so went to check to and take it out and found no access panel in the boot... :huh: I was confused so check e owners book and its saying I gota take the unit out :huh: what a pain in the ***** this is for a bulb change..

The good thing is the bulb is not effect by the brake, as you know you get some bulbs are 2 in one system and this way atleast its safe for me and the driver behind me.

You're telling me what a pain it is, my little light has come on to tell me a bulb has blown out at the back. However i can see all the bulbs working. To try and make sure there wasnt a bad connection anywhere i had to take out ALL the lights at the back.

Did this solve my problem . . . . did it hell like!

But yeah i see your point, you wouldnt want to be caught out having to change your bulb in the middle of no where on a winters night!!! :o

thats nothing,to change headlight bulbs in a new ford fiesta zetec S you have to remove the front grill and headlight unit,what a :tsktsk: pain of a job that is :duh:

quite common on a lot of cars to remove rear lights to change bulbs though :)

maybe it common on new cars but i have always had oldish cars then again I had a primera eGT for 8 years and had easy access to nearly all parts of the car....

Wasim I can understand your pain espcially when you dont know what it could be

On the Mk.2 there are two plastic caps on the inside (boot-lid-side) edges of the lights, remove these to access the bolts.

Inside, there are another two plastic caps in the fabric behind the lights. Remove these to gain access to the nuts which also retain the lights. You might want a long-reach socket to fit these, or put the socket on the nut before fitting the ratchet (if the ratchet is pushed home first you may find the socket isn't deep enough).