Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Body Kits & Lowering Is200 Se

Alrite,

Okay I know this topic has probably been covered before as so have many other topics but I have done a search on the forum and can't find much on Body Kits.

All people mention is TRD , or sports grills. It is a nice kit. But I would like to know if there any others that will be compatible with the is200? I have googled but get all american sites:(

Anyone have any info or pics on some smart or sporty kits?

And I would also like to ask how much should i lower my car by? I wouldn't want it to get too bumpy or cause too much damage to the car. Wots the safest or recommended amount? And also if i get it lowered do i need to do the front or can i leave it? And why does the back arches look so damn high up compared to other cars??!!! ive got everything standard on it and it jst looks a bit silly it being high at the back end, is that normal? My mate has a bmw and his looks fine considering he hasnt had it lowered.

Btw i got myself new wheels today which will get fitted next week, i got the SSW Niravana wheels 18 inch, wot do u think? :-D

imsswnirvanazh4.jpg

I forgot to ask another thing, would I need a new suspension or springs or something if i get it lowered at all or does it depend how much i lower it by??

Nice alloys mate, remind me of something though - do BMW do sport alloys like them?

They're tasty though

For lowering, you will need to get new springs, I'd personally recommend the Eibach's - cheap enough and good enough to have been selected by TTE to sell on as their own.

Less than £200 and transform the ride. I went from standard suspension to coilovers and then to the Eibach's and the comfort was great after the swap :)

As for the kits, try sites like Prolex, TDi, Altezza Sports and Prestige, or if you want a definitive list, check out www.takakaira.com - they've got nearly everything you can possibly get for the IS!

love the alloys

yeah next time im just going springs fuk coilovers such a rough ride only reason i had them is i want the PERFECT height n id be ****** off if i bought some springs n it dint sit how i wanted it

sure ill get over it LOL

Eibach are -30mm, PI are -35mm (springs) if you want any lower you are in "coilover land". Wouldn't go more than -50mm as that is about as low as you can go and still recover the geometry to something sensible.

Eibach are -30mm, PI are -35mm (springs) if you want any lower you are in "coilover land". Wouldn't go more than -50mm as that is about as low as you can go and still recover the geometry to something sensible.

thanks for that mac, i think i'll stick to springs, 30mm eibachs sound good

Those alloys look awesome, how much did they cost?

With regard to bodykits, the US skirts won't fit as the bumpers are a different size over there. Any full bumper kit should be fine, otherwise anything Japanese will be fine too.

cheers for the replies guys. Yeah these wheels are similar to the bmw 1s but slightly different but from a distance cud be mistaken for bmw 1s. These are new. My mate selected them for me an i liked them, hes really gud at knowing wot to do to a car an not making it look stupid or neddy shud we say lol or suppose i shud say chavvy! lol

i got these brand new condition, 1 alloy needs refurbishment, tiny mark at the bottom the guy will do it for me. getting them for 450 with new tyres, 2 are dunlop and other 2 are same or close to dunlop he says gud quality brand. And hes going to fit them.

and im trading my standard wheels in as well. they are guffed anyway.

Topshotta i think u shud lower them by 30mm, i spoke to a friend abt it an he sed that shud be fine any more an ull jst be scraping ur arse off the road. And i also read somewhere the is200 sport comes lowered at 30mm, so maybe u wud want to stick to a lexus standard. Thats wot im doing anyway and im gona get PI springs thats it.

And hey thanks for the links AJP. I am going to check them out now. :-D

well my mate just recommends wot to get, he doesnt sell parts, hes a dentist! hahaha

But this place we go to is good, the guy is always busy, hes always selling wheels an stuff. He done me a good deal, an ive bought wheels from him in the past as well so he knows us. And my other mate just bought wheels off him for his bmw 3 series, he got 18 inch alloys for 350, he got the bmw standard 1s, 1 of the multi spoke 1s.

I don't know if he has any more but he cud order u them. He just needs a deposit and he will take care of the rest for you.

Thanks mate, I sure will do. They will be going on next saturday.

Does anyone know any good company or place in the uk that does is200 body kits and paints them for you as well and does a good price?

Looking spot on mate and from the pics doesn't seem too ride to high?

Good work,

Jamie

Just thinking the same. looks really nice mate. Maybe just fit some Eibach lowering springs -30mm. You'll drop it just enough and wont hardly even affect ride quality. :)

Cheers Amigos! :)

Nah ive gone off lowerng it, I had ordered PI Springs they are 35mm the guy had them but i sed ill get back to him but ill tell him i dnt want them.

Its sitting fine. Even the drive and handling is fine, i personally think its better than the standard stocks i had on, maybe its coz of the tyre quality i have got now thats affected it perhaps. Feels good.

Anyhow im just heading out for a cruise in the city centre an gona scope some hunniez out! ;-) hehehe