Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Honda Legend

A friend of mine recently bought a brand new Honda Legend, it's a lovely car packed with loads of features. A nice 3.5 litre petrol engine with 4 wheel drive.

Can't fault it, thing is it has got a special safety feature (as standard) which is a pop-up bonnet.

During a collision with a pedestrian, there are sensors in the front bumper that detect any impact in the front bumper region that triggers off a system that lifts the bonnet 10cm to stop the body from crashing against the front screen, basicaly it deflects them hopefully over the roof eliminating major injuries.

Clever system i hear you say.

Well.......... not until your driving along at a speed of 30mph when a football rolls out into the road in front of you and hits the front bumper triggering off the saftey system, not causing any damage to the car you are then faced with a £3000.00 bill to replace the parts that operate this system! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Screw that, I'd be having a word with the Honda dealer if they tried charging me, that system obviously needs more work as it's not fit for purpose yet - if airbags went off everytime a stone hit the windscreen we'd all be brassic - sounds like they're taking the ***** if it can set off that easily and it needs replacing!

Tell him to get onto Honda UK to complain like f00k until they agree to sort it out for gratis!

It's a shame as I do like these cars a lot, was well impressed when I saw them at the motor show!

• 1 month later...

I'm never going to buy a car with this pop-up bonnet system, where on earth could you drive it without it being triggered every day.

Costly to repair, sod that!

What the hell are Honda playing at?!?! :duh:

Would not have told them about the ball :D just that it came up when driving down the road :winky: so something must be wrong :duh: after all, should be no mark's from the ball :winky:

why not tell them :unsure:

its clearly wrong, surely if a ball or a bird hits your car you dont expect to be paying out £3000

....................but then again............... you could have a point !

Would not have told them about the ball :D just that it came up when driving down the road :winky: so something must be wrong :duh: after all, should be no mark's from the ball :winky:

why not tell them :unsure:

its clearly wrong, surely if a ball or a bird hits your car you dont expect to be paying out £3000

....................but then again............... you could have a point !

If they think its your fault, will not pay up :o now if they think its their fault, they will sort it out :D

Look at all the problems i had with Lexus GB with my engine :o now i did tell them that time :blink: never again :winky: