Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Bay Hosing

Rob's Lexx

In light of the fact that i plan to be using FI in the not too distant future :D :winky: , i was thinking that i need/want to show the engine bay off a little.

I was wondering what you guys could reccomend to get some colour/bling under there.

My initial thoughts were obviously, the s/c, oil catch can and possibly s/c induction kit.I also have a Katayama Strut brace ;) Am i right in assuming that there are no visible hoses from the s/c install (i.e. i couldn't get coloured hoses etc)???

I know prolex sell a silicone hose kit.....would this be my best shout??

Cheers in advance,

Rob :)

Hoses are my next months project, i'm going for a bit red. i'm ordering the engine hoses from Prolex and the s/c hoses from TDi.

There are hoses visable on the s/c kit, take a look at this pick, the hoses in blue are from the s/c kit. There are also two down by the intercooler which are visable.

med_gallery_10227_225_417192.jpg

lee, did these blue hoses come with the kit or are they uprated?? Is that how mine will look after install or have you added/changed anything?

@Mr Prolex....what colour are the hoses with the s/c kit??? I like the sound of the purple engine hose kit :winky:

Any one got a pic of the engine hose kit installed so i can get a feel for what it looks like etc???

Think the hoses you get with the S/C are stock black ones mate. I bought my S/C second hand and luckily got some Blue samco hoeses.

However, I might be changing mine to red as I have an odd red hose under the hood anyway and red would match my calipers :D So, should I go down this route i'll let you know, maybe we could strike a deal :D

Yeah, their the ones Jamie.

I bought a small length of the Samco hoes from a company on the net, If I can find the details you could price them up Rob/Jamie. Their not all that cheap mind. The site I used however was very good and you can customise length etc etc. They were the cheapest I found to.

I'll see if I can find the company....

Cheers for the heads up fellas.

@ Kaz, you know me mate.....sure we can come to some sort of arrangement :)

Hopefully dave will be able to shed some light on any uprated coloured hoses for the s/c and whether these can be matched to hoses for the rest of the engine bay?? ;)

Cheers for the heads up fellas.

@ Kaz, you know me mate.....sure we can come to some sort of arrangement :)

Hopefully dave will be able to shed some light on any uprated coloured hoses for the s/c and whether these can be matched to hoses for the rest of the engine bay?? ;)

Will let you know dude, need to check my past emails when I get home. Sure I will ahve a copy of the email confirmation from the company I bought the odd red length from.

It might be more cost effective to buy lengths of the hose and come to some sort of deal between us....leave it with me :D

Yes kit come's black :) if you all after the same colour why dont you all put together and buy the 1m or more, that you all want, then cut to size :D might workout cheaper that way :question:

yea, good shout fella.

any guidance on hose diameter mate?? i presume different pipes need different diameter hosing?

are prolex the best company to get the engine bay hosing from??

Yes kit come's black :) if you all after the same colour why dont you all put together and buy the 1m or more, that you all want, then cut to size :D might workout cheaper that way :question:

yea, good shout fella.

any guidance on hose diameter mate?? i presume different pipes need different diameter hosing?

are prolex the best company to get the engine bay hosing from??

Yes diff size (3) mate, ask Kazi where he got his from, and how much, lots of people sell it at some of the show's like santa pod mate, trade stands :D

Hence what I said :D Just stuck at work at the mo fellas so will check as soon as I get back home. A nice K&N panel filter arrived for my TTE air box this morning so im eager to go fit!

Lets get the ball rolling then,

I have the blue hoses which are pre cut obviously, I'll weigh the job lot up together with the price of new hoses and peeps can either make me an offer for mine, at a bargain price of course or we can then organise a group buy for some metre lengths of the stuff.

Hows that sound?

Post if interested.

I have the blue hoses which are pre cut obviously, I'll weigh the job lot up together with the price of new hoses and peeps can either make me an offer for mine, at a bargain price of course or we can then organise a group buy for some metre lengths of the stuff.

Hows that sound?

Post if interested.

Definatly mate, if you can get a price together for red then i'm in.

I'll also have blue hoses available if anyone is interested in them.

sounds good fellas.

first dibs on ur blue one's kaz if i decide to go blue ;)

let us know what colours are available and at what cost mate. if some want red and some want blue, green etc etc, then it'd be interesting to know how much it'd cost to go solo (i quite like the sounds of prolex's purple engine hose kit and would like to see if i can match that with the charger....if not, blue sounds good) :) :) :)

Just looking at that pic of lee's engine bay......would buying the IS200 engine hose kit be pointless as most of the hoses would be out of sight???

would you guys say it'd be better just getting the s/c hoses??

cheers,

rob.

Just looking at that pic of lee's engine bay......would buying the IS200 engine hose kit be pointless as most of the hoses would be out of sight???

would you guys say it'd be better just getting the s/c hoses??

cheers,

rob.

Think id like to replace my blue'ens with red to match my brake calipers. So you have first dibs Rob.

Think most of the engine hoses will be out of sight mate, as ive said, I will measure them all up and post figures asap. If I dont get enough interest i'll front the cost of the hoses and just hope to sell them in the future.