Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beep Beep

I was driving home up the M5 this eve at about 50 mph...........................over the speed limit that is

and i got a beep beep noise from my dash area, only the once but these warning tones worry me as I

previously owned a Pug 406 coupe 3.0 V6 and each beep usualy cost around £100 to fix :tsktsk:

Any ideas what it may be :question:

you got TA switched on ...on the radio

Mine would occasionally do the random beeps and come up Alarm on the radio screen, TA was never turned on though - wonder if that could also be what happened here if TA wasn't on?

Only ever did it two or three times in three years though and on all occasions it was when I was on the motorway I think?

you got TA switched on ...on the radio

Mine would occasionally do the random beeps and come up Alarm on the radio screen, TA was never turned on though - wonder if that could also be what happened here if TA wasn't on?

Only ever did it two or three times in three years though and on all occasions it was when I was on the motorway I think?

Thnx for some confirmation that i was not going mad.

IMO, you heard beeps from a phone or stereo, it wasn't from your car mate... regardless what you might think!!!

The above in red is so far from the truth in so many ways, just because your car aint done it dont make you the :tsktsk: beep king mate!

My radio dont work and my phone dont go 'beep beep' or cant you read.

but thnx for the input anyway!!

MO, you heard beeps from a phone or stereo, it wasn't from your car mate... regardless what you might think!!!

The above in red is so far from the truth in so many ways, just because your car aint done it dont make you the censored.gif beep king mate!

Way to make freinds....

I was driving home up the M5 this eve at about 50 mph...........................over the speed limit that is

and i got a beep beep noise from my dash area, only the once but these warning tones worry me as I

previously owned a Pug 406 coupe 3.0 V6 and each beep usualy cost around £100 to fix :tsktsk:

Any ideas what it may be :question:

Could be your wallet saying goodbye to your driving license and cash. :lol:

No like I said the radio can beep and you'll see the word ALARM on the display - happened to me a few times and it's also documented on here.

Not sure what it is, I always had TA turned off, wondered if maybe it was linked to the car alarm but it wouldn't make sense for it to have gone off in the middle of a journey.

One of those I'll always have to wonder about :)

well if it isn't the handbrake,door or radio it could be the horn or maybe road runner.......beep beep :lol::lol::tomato: :winky:

Sorted :excl: found road runer behind the dash in a box marked ACME..:lol:

Well if it don't happen again I will be happy but if it does i will check the radio display to see if we are getting the same thing.

Thnx

PMSL @ road runner :lol: :lol:

I just thought, when I stripped my car down to remove the Origin I noticed the car had some phone kit installed at some point as the wires had just been cut, it hadn't actually been removed properly - one for the techie guys, would it be possible for a phone kit to cause the alarm signal? Maybe one has been removed here but a wire has short circuited if it wasn't taped off properly at the end and caused the Alarm error?

PMSL @ road runner :lol: :lol:

I just thought, when I stripped my car down to remove the Origin I noticed the car had some phone kit installed at some point as the wires had just been cut, it hadn't actually been removed properly - one for the techie guys, would it be possible for a phone kit to cause the alarm signal? Maybe one has been removed here but a wire has short circuited if it wasn't taped off properly at the end and caused the Alarm error?

That could be it there are 4 screw holes like there has been a kit in there, l am off tomoz and plan to strip out the center console to try and fix me radio C/D i will ave a look for stray/cut wires

Other plans for tomoz include fitting brake kit to rear to finaly stop the rattling, fitting Prolex front strut bar (Thnx Adie) and upgrade bulbs, try to program new key and poss paint and fit eyelids if they turn up then weather permitting wash and polish..................i will need another day off after that lot :excl:

Thnx :D