Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rsm Fitting

Dizz

Hey guys, just wondering has anyone on here fitted an Apexi RSM themselves to their own car???

Reason I'm asking is that I fitted one the other week, did the wiring exactly as it says in the wiring guide & it's working fine apart from one thing. It hasn't removed the speed cut... I have turned it off in the settings & all but still doesn't cut...

Now what I'm wondering is in the wiring manual the AS200 GXE-10 is on a list of cars that are done differently to the standard was but RS200 isn't on the list which it says means its done the normal way (if that makes any sense to you :blush: )

Any ideas??

Hi Dizz,

did you wire it up to the following ecu diagram?

rsmformanualfu1.jpg

from looking at the apexi diagram( no.2), i think you need to sever the speed input wire not just splice into it, connect the severed end of the speed signal wire from the gearbox to the rsm purple input and then connect the pink rsm wire to the other severed speed input wire to the ECU....

HTH

Noel :)

Hi Dizz,

did you wire it up to the following ecu diagram?

rsmformanualfu1.jpg

from looking at the apexi diagram( no.2), i think you need to sever the speed input wire not just splice into it, connect the severed end of the speed signal wire from the gearbox to the rsm purple input and then connect the pink rsm wire to the other severed speed input wire to the ECU....

HTH

Noel :)

Think thats what we did. same problem with mine, ill have another look at mine tomorrow

Hey guys,

From what I read in the forum, is it true that you can;t actually use the Apexi RSM for the RS200 Auto? It only works for Manuals? Cuz I got it installed with Jap tunings and they say they can;t get it to work fully. Only the rev meter and the Battery.

Hey guys,

From what I read in the forum, is it true that you can;t actually use the Apexi RSM for the RS200 Auto? It only works for Manuals? Cuz I got it installed with Jap tunings and they say they can;t get it to work fully. Only the rev meter and the battery.

yup RSM won't work with an auto, you need an HKS SLD2 to bypass the speed limiter on an Auto... apparantly the auto uses the abs to get it's speed whereas the manuals have a direct speed input from the gearbox....

rsmformanualfu1.jpg

thats why it says m/t (manual transmission) only... ;)

If I get the HKS SLD2, does that mean I can use the RSM? Because I am looking for something that is equivalent to the RSM where it does the timings and also displays the digital speed. Anyone know an equivalent unit that does the same thing?

Hey guys,

From what I read in the forum, is it true that you can;t actually use the Apexi RSM for the RS200 Auto? It only works for Manuals? Cuz I got it installed with Jap tunings and they say they can;t get it to work fully. Only the rev meter and the battery.

yup RSM won't work with an auto, you need an HKS SLD2 to bypass the speed limiter on an Auto... apparantly the auto uses the abs to get it's speed whereas the manuals have a direct speed input from the gearbox....

rsmformanualfu1.jpg

thats why it says m/t (manual transmission) only... ;)

HKS sld2 bypasses the speed limiter only.....

apexi rsm needs a speed input signal to do it's calculations .... soooo the fact that the auto doesn't have this specific speed input, it ain't gonna work!

• 3 weeks later...
follow up???

did ye get it to work, dizz & dan :)

No, haven't gone near it since tbh. I've only ever tested the top speed limiter once so doesn't really bother me too much...

The wiring diagram by Apexi is definately wrong anyway. I've a feeling it's one of the other wires that is supposed to be used instead of the output one on the rsm :tsktsk:

But i thought that they had to be delimited for the rolling road? what gear did he use so? as wouldn't it have hit the limiter during the run?

Ye he said he would have got more accurate figures if the car was delimited

What about the other cars that were there? were any of them properly delimited?

he said mine and Dizz' werent delimited properly , think Marks was ok not sure about anyone elses setup

So sounds like ye need to get a pic of the way Mark's is wired up....

Mark ain't been around since the rolling road, apparently he's very busy with his new house.... i have his no. if you want it :)

Mine will be delimited shortly :winky:

What about the other cars that were there? were any of them properly delimited?

he said mine and Dizz' werent delimited properly , think Marks was ok not sure about anyone elses setup

So sounds like ye need to get a pic of the way Mark's is wired up....

Mark ain't been around since the rolling road, apparently he's very busy with his new house.... i have his no. if you want it :)

Mine will be delimited shortly :winky:

ooh! what did u get for it? the HKS thing?

• 2 months later...

Bump bump!!!

Getting my car rolling roaded again this Thurs so need to get my speed limit removed otherwise they won't be able to test it in 4th gear...

Can anyone help????? :(

Bump bump!!!

Getting my car rolling roaded again this Thurs so need to get my speed limit removed otherwise they won't be able to test it in 4th gear...

Can anyone help????? :(

Get some pics up of the way you have it wired at present.... ;) .... then someone will be able to see where you've possibly gone wrong...

btw my SLD2 worked first go even though the instructions were in japanese and i had 11 wires to cut and splice... thanks *** for google as i had to look up the symbols for japanese colours... :winky:

Well after 3 months I finally figured out yesterday that it was the settings that were at fault, was on my way up North to get the car power tested & decided to try messing with it before launching off the toll bridge on the M1 & hey presto!

Basically the user manual tells you to set the "SLC" Speed Limit Cut to "off" to turn off the speed limiter which would make sense... But for some reason on the Altezzas you've to set the SLC to "180km/h" & it seems to cancel it out or something. Worked a treat :D

Car hit 229km/h on the rollers in 5th :whistling: