Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs From A Sport Gs300

Hello all

Trying to lower my 1994 GS300, but hopefully only on springs. Im not a big fan of coilovers anymore and they cost too much anyway.

After having searched the archives i found that most people were lowering their GS300's on Eibach springs. Unfortunatly them threads are now old and the links dont work anymore. More unfortunatly i cant find any on the internet.

SO . . . . . i was thinking i could hopefully just get the springs from a GS300 Sport and fit them. But obviously the big question is will they actually fit into a normal GS300 of the same shape?

I could even possibly get the complete suspension from a MK1 Sport and transfer it into my normal GS300, but again, will it fit?

Has anybody done this before, surely there must be someone.

Many thanks.

Hi wasim they should be the same set up I dont see what the difference could be. from what I know the difference between the sport and normal is lowered suspension, wheels, badges,grill, spoiler, maybe other things under the bonnet but im not aware of that...

I have seen a few springs on eBay and they again state that the springs will fit both sport and non sport.

Sport springs from a MK1 can be fitted to your MK1 without any modifications to anything other than having your wheel alignment checked.

Eibach springs are still available but i think they are listed on the box to only fit U.S spec cars. They do fit UK cars because I have them on mine. They cost about £160 new for a set of four from a place in Wolverhampton if I remember.

Sport springs from a MK1 can be fitted to your MK1 without any modifications to anything other than having your wheel alignment checked.

Eibach springs are still available but i think they are listed on the box to only fit U.S spec cars. They do fit UK cars because I have them on mine. They cost about £160 new for a set of four from a place in Wolverhampton if I remember.

This is the thing you see, i cant find them anywhere, apart from in the states which is no good. You dont have a contact number for this place in Wolverhampton do you mate? Or any part numbers etc etc.

After doing some research it has come to light that the only difference between the Sport suspension and the normal one is the springs. Fitment is not an issue and they can quite happily be swapped over. Depending on what i can get hold of i might put the whole suspension from a Sport model into mine.

Ok, just got a rather sharpish reply back from the Eibach shop and they say they dont do the springs for a MK1 GS300. As a matter of fact they say they have never listed that kit.

So thats of my list then!

Oh yes they have. I have my receipt. Purchased June 05.

I went and collected them personally. The guy was just in the process of setting up the business at the time and was concerned about them not fitting the UK spec car.

I would try phoning the wolverhampton number and speaking direct.

They werent listed when i rang but they sourced them no problem.

Oh yes they have. I have my receipt. Purchased June 05.

I went and collected them personally. The guy was just in the process of setting up the business at the time and was concerned about them not fitting the UK spec car.

I would try phoning the wolverhampton number and speaking direct.

They werent listed when i rang but they sourced them no problem.

Can you get me the part number from your reciept please, il quote him that when im the phone to him.

And when you say he was concerned about them not fitting them to the UK spec car, did it say US or Japanese version on the box or something like that?