Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Sparking

Ok cars not starting due to no spark. have tracked back and checked every lead and plug and all are in.

Has anyone got any idea why this would be happening or how to force the bloomin thing to spark ???

Cheers ELliott

Is it turnin over and not startin or is there no power to the starter whatsoever?

turning over fine just no spark and havent got a clue why soooo annoying cos it should be running everything is fitted :(

How do you know it's out of sparks?

taken the spark plugs out and turned it over with them on the rocker cover, they should still spark, not sure if its earthing, i didnt remove any of the earthing wires tho. tried old spark plugs as well but still no joy, just having to remove possiblity 1 by 1

Ok cars not starting due to no spark. have tracked back and checked every lead and plug and all are in.

Has anyone got any idea why this would be happening or how to force the bloomin thing to spark ???

Cheers ELliott

Elliott, you have had your car in bits, to fit your turbo, you must go over what you have done, taken off, put back over and over again mate. sit down have a cup of tea, then go over everthing again :D

taken the spark plugs out and turned it over with them on the rocker cover, they should still spark, not sure if its earthing, i didnt remove any of the earthing wires tho. tried old spark plugs as well but still no joy, just having to remove possiblity 1 by 1

Don't think you will get a good earth on the rocker cover because of the gasket but could be wrong.

Were the plugs wet or dry and did they smell of petrol?

Don't think you will get a good earth on the rocker cover because of the gasket but could be wrong.

Were the plugs wet or dry and did they smell of petrol?

looked pretty dry to me, try a few different plugs, also tried the chassie leg still nothing, they were all brand new as well

Are you getting a voltage to the coil pack itself?

Not sure given up for today getting a mate to come round with some better equipment to see where the voltage actaully stops,

Thought it might actually run today :(

Have you checked through the OBDII if there is anything wrong ? I have seen on the main thread you destroyed the lambda sensor. If one of the manifold sensor is broken, it will not start, it did it on mine

did you screw down the coilpack earths

If there to ones on the rocker cover then yes.

Yemgi didnt know this fella are u 100% sure it wont start if broken ??? also if there not in the exhasut system will the car start ????

Cheers

Prob a silly suggestion but can be easily overlooked....

Do you have an alarm system with a seperate immobiliser. Depending on what system and who fitted it, some will cut out the spark to immobilise the car.

all standard kit in there mate as flux said getting a new one wouldnt change my insurence price