Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vans

mikey47

Hi guys need a little advice i'm setting up a company and need to buy a van,looking at a transit hi cube Vs a merc sprinter.anyone have any views. Financial constraints dictate that it has to be a previously enjoyed van :whistling: ( used ) .

Transits are great, we have used them for years...not sure about the new type tho'

I have heard mixed about the LDV vans.

We are starting to get our vans and cars on lease hire and from my understanding there is some very good deals to be had!

Hi guys need a little advice i'm setting up a company and need to buy a van,looking at a transit hi cube Vs a merc sprinter.anyone have any views. Financial constraints dictate that it has to be a previously enjoyed van :whistling: ( used ) .

Dont go French van :sick:

funny you say that just looking at a master i take it they suck

I used to drive a Nissan Interstar, same van as the Master. It's was utter pants! As was an LDV I drove. Seriously get a Transit, they are very very good. I preferred the older RWD ones but the newer shape FWD one is still fantastic!

Not that bad when new, over 3yrs old and well it will cost you arm + leg mate :o

As i said i was looking at a transit there are s*it loads of them about. running costs have to be cheaper.

Not that bad when new, over 3yrs old and well it will cost you arm + leg mate :o

thanks gord one off the list

Don't go for renault vans, utter rubbish, i worked for renault for 13 years on the workshop floor as a senior technician the last two of them running a renault van centre, and have gotta say they got worse not better....diesel pump faults, diesel leaks, engines going bang, suspension faults, brake faults, doors falling off, electrical fires....real proper rubbish. Vauxhall vivaro and movano, nissan interstar, kubistar, and primastar all same van as renault so avoid like the plague. Merc load of tosh not all that there cracked up to be, slow and not that reliable.

Some Ldv ok, maxus was originally a daewoo van but never got past prototype stage until LDV bought the rights and finished it off, never worked on any so can't comment but believed it won a few awards, go to your nearest LDV dealer wander into the workshop and ask the guys who work on them, they will tell the truth where 'sales executives' won't.

Transits...mmm.....reserve judgement as have heard good and some bad reports on the older and new ones.

Forget citroen and peugeot, complete french plop.

Toyota hiace good van but abit expensive to fix when they do go wrong.....seem to remember immobiliser faults a problem.

Doesn't really leave alot!!!!! They all have there faults and problems my advise steer clear of the french junky ones. :duh:

Regards Pumatron :D

the company i work for has the largest in-house fleet in UK, all the vans were all transits, but the contract has now been undercut by vauxhall so the transits are gradually being replaced by vivaro's, the vivaro's are apalling, the build quality is dire, the turning circle is a joke, and they totally unreliable, the cost saving at purchase has been lost by the reliability issues (not so much the repair, as usually are warrantied, but the lost man-hours), also we have a quite a high number of damaged engines due to water being sucked in through the low air intake.

Just think about why you drive a rear wheel drive car and then ask how many rearwheel drive vans there are? I drive aTransit Connect and other members of B T drive Vivaros' and they get stuck on damp grass, or the least bit of mud and wheel spin from any road junctin because all the weight is over the rear wheels and the drive is on the front!

the company i work for has the largest in-house fleet in UK, all the vans were all transits, but the contract has now been undercut by vauxhall so the transits are gradually being replaced by vivaro's, the vivaro's are apalling, the build quality is dire, the turning circle is a joke, and they totally unreliable, the cost saving at purchase has been lost by the reliability issues (not so much the repair, as usually are warrantied, but the lost man-hours), also we have a quite a high number of damaged engines due to water being sucked in through the low air intake.

Need i say more, just confirms what I wrote, avoid them!!!!!!!! Oh and vauxhall build the renault trafic-or did up to when i left the trade)- and the inside view was that vauxhall was 'more careful' when building there version(vivaro) than the french counter part, As star a has written build quality is dire...and thats the better build, just imagine what the renault version is like!!!!!!! The people who owned them made my life hell (and looking back rightfully so), i was the guy who had to sort out there problems and keep them on the road and listen to there woes, and boy was there some woes. :blink:

I have a sprinter lwb and it has just notched up 100,000 with a few minor problems(gearstick snapped,engine managment light problems), ,they are by far the fastest van on the road but the downside is they are made from crap metal and rust ,mine is an 02 model and the rust is showing .had the reno master before that and thought it to was an ok van but did suffer a few major probs(gearbox) .if size is not an issue i would buy the toyota hiace or the v/w .if its a bigger van you want the new transit or the merc are both good vans but the new transit would be my choice if i had the money.if its a used van thats done some miles the sprinter would be my choice ,you only have to drive up and down the m20 a few times to see were the wise money go,s it is full of sprinters as they are the choice for the long haul companys wereas the transit is very much the builders/tradesmens van .